• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

Concept art for "Angkor"

65676_1438523426382005_1353246667_n.jpg

Well if you're going to get soaked on a splash battle it might as well be in Southern Spain !
Walking round Alton Towers after a go on Marauders Mayhem isn't really my idea of fun, especially when you forget about the expensive phone that's still in your pocket... ::)

Mark-Cal said:
Well if you're going to get soaked on a splash battle it might as well be in Southern Spain !
Walking round Alton Towers after a go on Marauders Mayhem isn't really my idea of fun, especially when you forget about the expensive phone that's still in your pocket... ::)

Have they added water jets to Marauder's Mayhem? Now that would be a ride! ;)

Alastair said:
Mark-Cal said:

Have they added water jets to Marauder's Mayhem? Now that would be a ride! ;)
Whoops, Battle Galleons doesn't even sound the same as Marauders Mayhem, does it ? :-[

Some more concept art...

Believed to be a 'scene' of the ride.
BCvSk7n.png

Area entrance.
RrmzBxW.png

The tiger scene (sorry for awful quality).
c7a4.png

Blooloop have posted an article about PA's new attraction:

PortAventura Resort has revealed details of two new attractions for the 2014 season - Angkor: Adventure in the Lost Kingdom and Cirque du Soleil’s KOOZA

Angkor: Adventure in the Lost Kingdom

Angkor is a boat ride attraction themed around Cambodian temples and jungles, covering 10,500 sq m. The ride, designed by MACK Rides, will include 14 boats, each seating up to 8 people, with an hourly capacity of 726 people.

Visitors will take an interactive ten minute journey through the jungle on boats equipped with water guns, encountering villages, snakes, tigers, monkeys and elephants along the way.

The Angkor attraction is part of the 100 million euros spend on new projects and equipment by PortAventura since 2009.

PortAvenutra%20Angkor.jpg

TEN. MINUTE. BOAT RIDE.

Urgh, I am not enthralled one tiny little bit - such a waste! As much as I love MACK and their creations, PA are going to drag this out without due cause. Unless the animals are real (which I highly, sincerely doubt), I don't think I'll bother to tackle the no-doubt horrendous cattle pen for hours on end. That throughput is shocking for such a busy park with already atrocious queue times.

I also like the idea as long as the theme work is durable. But the throughput is appalling.

Angkor Ride
PortAventura theme park welcomes a new attraction for this season, designed for you to experience and enjoy with the whole family.

Port Aventura’s brand new attraction for the season is a boat ride, ready to set yet another record! The longest circuit in Europe!

Inspired by the great Temple of Angkor, considered the largest religious structure ever built and one of the most important archaeological treasures in the world, this new experience at PortAventura will transport you to unimaginable places for you to discover unique and unforgettable experiences.

Board the boat in the temple and start your adventure through the jungle! Use your water cannon to shoot at the pythons, monkeys and tiger found in the temple, so that your boat can freely pass through. Continuing along your watery journey, you will enter a real town where you have to hit targets before the locals will let you carry on your way. Finally, the naval battle awaits ... Who will win?

In this latest part of PortAventura’s brand new attraction for 2014, the route is tortuous and the other boats are close enough for you to shoot at and win the battle but... beware! The others will not stand still, and they are not the only ones that can fight against you! From the bridge, and areas around the canal, amidst vegetation and beaches surrounding the boat trip, others may shoot at you with their water cannons and make it impossible to arrive at the temple to disembark. You have to be very attentive!

Are you ready to dive into this new adventure? A new PortAventura family attraction which enables you to master a boat full of animals, exotic vegetation, temples and a final battle to disembark a hero ...an adventure you just cannot miss!

Slight error at the end but hey, its good enough marketing guff.. From PA's website

I wonder what the WWF will make of shooting at all these wild animals?

At EP, the guns turn OFF when you reach the Whales, as it's forbidden to shoot them! Here we appear to be shooting at tigers, which are endangered!

:X

Real tigers or my time is spent queuing for Shambhala. Tbh.

Sent using Tapatalk

Sazzle said:

You won't get me into that wretched cattle pen unless it's less than half full and on 3 trains.

OKAY?

Interesting Image from Portaventura & Friends:

1922045_623455867708008_1719161723_n.jpg

Apparently this is Jungle Cruise at Disney but is hopefully something similar we will see at PA later in the year

AstroDan said:
Sazzle said:

You won't get me into that wretched cattle pen unless it's less than half full and on 3 trains.

OKAY?

Along with the Log Flume queue, it's one of my least favourite queuelines at PA.

I am not really sure what to make about the new attraction at PA, it's not something I'll be waiting hours to ride that's for sure.