• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

Visiting in May / June next year - hoping the new ride is open!

Does anyone have any experience of the disability assistance available at PA? Have never needed it before so I’m unfamiliar with what is available

Thanks

Visiting in May / June next year - hoping the new ride is open!

Does anyone have any experience of the disability assistance available at PA? Have never needed it before so I’m unfamiliar with what is available

Thanks
They're pretty strict when it comes to Disabled access. You need at atleast 75% reduced mobility to use their version of Ride Access Pass, you'll need a signed recent hospital letter for any other disabilities. They aren't as forward as we are over here so some disabilities / conditions such as Autism etc. aren't recognised under their Access Pass scheme unless you meet certain requirements. Unless you have a physical condition that restricts access to an attraction then you'd need to purchase an Express pass. (if you do need easy access to attractions the parks are fully accessible and all rides that involve steps have ramp / lift access). You can find more details on the website.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Only Shambhala, Hurakan Condor and Red Force have single rider queues. However they work slightly differently over there. You join the regular queue and then they split half way.
Infuriating for Red Force. Why on earth do they do it like that? It nearly defeats the point.

Only Shambhala, Hurakan Condor and Red Force have single rider queues. However they work slightly differently over there. You join the regular queue and then they split half way.

This is the intention in theory. In practice, does not happen at all. You will often see hoards of people blatantly storming through full main queues and contorting themselves through fences to reach said merge points. I would never normally advocate queue jumping but to be honest its a very silly system and defeats the purpose entirely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think they see it as a benefit to them to fill the empty seats as opposed to it being a perk for the guest, hence it being close to the station. (Which is a pain in the arse).

For Shambhala and Hurakan Condor you should be able to get to the Single Rider queue without any / much of a wait as they're in a better location but for Red Force you'll need to queue the majority of the queue.

They're pretty strict when it comes to Disabled access. You need at atleast 75% reduced mobility to use their version of Ride Access Pass, you'll need a signed recent hospital letter for any other disabilities. They aren't as forward as we are over here so some disabilities / conditions such as Autism etc. aren't recognised under their Access Pass scheme unless you meet certain requirements. Unless you have a physical condition that restricts access to an attraction then you'd need to purchase an Express pass. (if you do need easy access to attractions the parks are fully accessible and all rides that involve steps have ramp / lift access). You can find more details on the website.

Hope that helps.

Our experience of it was that even with a doctors letter they refused to give the Access Pass even with MS as the reasoning behind it.

Presumably because at the time we didn't have our own wheelchair nor were on benefits/blue badge. And if someone is walking without aid they're clearly not disabled or something.

The staff member was extremely rude on the matter.

I think they see it as a benefit to them to fill the empty seats as opposed to it being a perk for the guest, hence it being close to the station. (Which is a pain in the arse).
I think that's definitely their intention. Plus, in theory, if the wait time is broadly similar, it's seen less as a Fastrack option for groups who are happy to split which can mean SRQ can take just as long as standby.

That would certainly explain why I couldn't figure out how to get to the Shambhala SRQ except by cutting under fences. I had no intention of hanging around in main queue for an hour to find the actual entrance.

Thank you. That sounds a really silly system. Im not too fussed tho, im doing 3 days for just the 2 parks so will get everything done easily. Well maybe not Hurakan Condor as drop towers scare the life out of me! Haha.

Thank you. That sounds a really silly system. Im not too fussed tho, im doing 3 days for just the 2 parks so will get everything done easily. Well maybe not Hurakan Condor as drop towers scare the life out of me! Haha.

I wouldn't rely on that. The operations really are awful.

Three days is plenty of time to do 2 parks at this time of year. Make sure you pencil in a few shows too, they're not to be missed! Especially the main snow in Gran Teatre Imperial.

We did the polite English thing and patientally/frustratingly waited for the split in the Red Force queue. Although, when we reached the front of the single rider queue the attendant was a friendly lad who let us go through as a two most times anyway and kept the front row free for us a couple of times.

Three days is plenty of time to do 2 parks at this time of year. Make sure you pencil in a few shows too, they're not to be missed! Especially the main snow in Gran Teatre Imperial.
Thanks for the tip. Yeah staying on site too so assuming u get early access? Even if its just to get to the front of a ride queue for opening if not actual ride time?

Thanks for the tip. Yeah staying on site too so assuming u get early access? Even if its just to get to the front of a ride queue for opening if not actual ride time?
PortAventura don't do early access / ERT but if you're staying at one of the resort hotels with direct access to the park (PortAventura / Gold River / The Callaghan's / Colorado Creek / Lucy's Mansion) then if you get to the entrance for opening you'll beat the majority of day guests.

Yeah staying at Gold River so looking at the map it gives u a head start getting to Shambhala/Dragon Khan? Opposite side of the park to Baco tho but gotta expect to queue at some point at that park! Lol

Yeah staying at Gold River so looking at the map it gives u a head start getting to Shambhala/Dragon Khan? Opposite side of the park to Baco tho but gotta expect to queue at some point at that park! Lol
Honestly, only if you want to be there before queues open, as staggered opening means those two rides open after the park. At least, when I was there, that was the case. Baco was the only coaster that opened with the park.