• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

As much as it is great to see investment, it just seems bizarre and quite frankly stupid. They already have Europe's tallest coaster, why build another one? They already have one of Europe's fastest coasters (even if it is terrible IMO) also. The drop towers appear even more pointless when you account for Hurakan Condor.

I feel this investment could have been much better spent around the park, on expansions to the existing themed areas.

I can agree that their are other rides I would like to have seen the money spent on but I don't think it matters they already have the European tallest and fastest coasters as this will
Offer a completely different experience. It's much like Cedar point who added millennium force in 2000 and in 2003 added TTD. The drop tower idea seems odd but at this point it's just concept art so will see what actually gets built.

I would like to have seen an intamin blitz coaster or Mack launch coaster in the park but I can see why they would go for TTD style coaster as will initially have more wow factor and get people to visit, even if other coasters would long term give a better ride experience.

One of the few positives that you can draw from this, besides the fact that it will undoubtedly bring in more visitors to PA, is that at least this Ferrari-themed roller coaster won't be launched straight into a brake run.

I think they've worked on the idea that these rides, while similar to what you can ride in the park, will offer a different type of experience - and the F1 theme in itself will attract different types of guests.

The separation of parks will help too. It's not like this is an extended area, it's a whole new park which will no doubt have its own entry fee.

James said:
The separation of parks will help too. It's not like this is an extended area, it's a whole new park which will no doubt have its own entry fee.

Is that 100% confirmed as being a new park?

130009534752867503.jpg

Someone did this on the NoLimits Exchange forums:
2PEtIL3.jpg

Guessing they are going off the shape (rectangle in roof) on the left of the first image - below the yellow box in the second image. Also the car parking edge does follow in the back of the first image (behind the accelerator coaster) with the real car park in the second. So does the service road to the right of the first picture with the top left service road in the second picture - Lines up perfectly.

Basically the orange box could be it joining from inside the park. The green box is where it could join from the entrance plaza in front of the park if it became a standalone park and the yellow box is the entrance to the area shown on the first image.

Some new photos posted on PA-Community:

th720_d33d6b49928007bb0481faf63069c4cd.jpg

th720_1025ba1859999c99ee4b0d280f6628ae.jpg

th720_d115254550d60439fbf89cf0925833cd.jpg

It's looking really good!

:)

10156154_617732081643259_2117338173_n.jpg

A close up of one of the theming elements, taken from PortAventura TV. :)

Looking forward to riding this in July!

The entrance to the new ride area will be just after the exit to Shambhala's tunnel at the bottom of the first drop (so below the track as rises into the first hill). for those that haven't been since Shambhala opened they built a themed path way that runs from Shambhala all the way behind Dragon Kahn and links up to the sesame street area, the new ride/area will be just off this path way. I expect we will see some more attractions open up in this area in the future as well.

Here we are... Very nice picture with Shammy B and DK in background:

1082512_10152112078754608_1898800770_o.jpg

^
From PA's English Facebook Page

10154456_10152142887547795_114848287_n.jpg

^
From PortAventura World Facebook

Shame they are bog standard boats. Otherwise like many other PA attractions it is well themed and looks good.

Only concern is that it will be hard to immerse yourself in this attraction/mini-area with a dominating roller coaster hanging over making a hell of a noise. Other areas of the park have the benefit of avoiding this due to the big rides being quite a distance away.. this ride is right next door so doesn't get that benefit. I hope the vegetation grows well though to make the area feel a little more secluded.

Visiting the park this summer anyway so looking forward to seeing what it's like in the flesh!

It looks lovely and I'm sure it will only get better once all the vegitation has been given time to grow.

The area, (I think its classed as Asia along with Shambhala) will look great once the trees have grown. Looking back at old videos Polynesia looked exactly the same when the Park opened and look at it now!

And as for it being under Shambhala, it doesn't really make any noise so apart from people screaming the noise wont affect it. If anything Im sure it'll be drowned out by the area music.

This project has been a case study in disappointment. First, all the signs pointed towards this being the first example of the exciting new 'white water rafting' concept that Mack have spoken about.

Then it became clear that it wouldn't be that, but appeared to be some sort of deeply-themed, immersive and modern Jungle Cruise, packed with animatronic animals and special effects. Now it is obvious that it is just a splash battle in pretty wrapping paper.

The theming is also nothing like what the promo art hinted at. Where are the jungles, and where is the Aztec/Inca theming? Such an uninteresting project, hopefully this will turn out to be the support ride to something much more exciting (as Whale Watching was to Wodan).

I agree that it looks nothing like the concept which showed a deep jungle with roaring animals.

It just looks like another bleeding Splash Battle. I was hoping this would be a step forwards for the concept.

Can't see any stupid targets though, which is a GOOD thing.

Sadly, the finished product is looking to be a bit mediocre.

Still a million times better than anything similar in the UK.

Looks pretty enough to me.

I think in a similar vane to Chiapas we need to stop expecting some massive leap forward in ride design with every park installation. At the end of the day if a Splash Battle is going to work anywhere it's in Salou!

Dave said:
Looks pretty enough to me.

I think in a similar vane to Chiapas we need to stop expecting some massive leap forward in ride design with every park installation. At the end of the day if a Splash Battle is going to work anywhere it's in Salou!

I think It will work perfectly, Just been looking at them two images and In fact after closer inspection and looking at the concept art, these two images are connected!
So we are looking at a single section of the ride! That surprised me a lot to be honest...

image.png

EDIT: Just been searching the web and found some more images:

th720_c10bdd9fb2cd50bbecadfa13bb7da480.JPG

Ooh Foliage ;)

th720_791fa85ed31a84b43988fcc78b4a8186.JPG

Station Overview

th720_0e57cf50ccd9ef16c74b38124bf7e939.JPG

Part of one of the villages

th720_dc4fd5858d250dfd2771fbf23ae05fe2.JPG

Ooh Windmill!

th720_766f2b4f4e7a226602859ef7b191bcbf.JPG

Lots of interaction points with the lovely walkways and other boats

th720_f7df935735e51263cdca12844b179248.JPG

Elephaannnnt!

Surly we know by now concept art is nearly always over exaggerated! Once the vegetation grows it *should* look better and feel more like a 'jungle'.

Splash Battles don't do it for me. Once you've seen one you've seen them all. Although this will undoubtedly be popular. PA clearly wanted a mid-way attraction that will be popular and they've done just that.

I can't help but feel though it is wasted land that could have been saved for something else. The area could have been well suited for a dark ride for example (which the park severely lacks).