• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Potential New Universal UK Park

I really don't want the UK flag to be part of the logo. I don't understand patriotism anyway.

The folks who have posted this concept art are claiming that it is from an internal presentation and “not fan-made”. It is also said, however, to be “at least 11 months old” and possibly outdated.

Personally, I would take this with a considerable pinch of salt. You can never guarantee that things like this aren’t fan-made, particularly with how powerful things like AI are these days. And even if it is genuine, I would not read too much into it at this stage given how early in development any park would probably be.

What's all the sudden hate for the UK flag? It's one of the best flag designs in the world!

On a personal note I dreamed of a major Theme Park near Cambridge the whole time I was growing up. It's a bit late now that I've moved away, but it'll be incredibly exciting if this happens.

If you zoom in that concept includes multiple coasters, including the new dueling Starfall Racers. Scaling that against the very similar Epic Universe concept I'd say it's fairly large (but not quite that large).

Assuming the concept is official of course.

I think we can probably leave flags on the logo discussion for the time being, that's a bit of a micro-discussion that's clearly just deviating into politics territory.

Let's stick to a more general discussion about the development of the resort rather than logo details for the time being.

Looks like a clone of Hulk at the top

mr bean GIF

On first glance yes, but the concept art doesn't match up to the plot of land they've supposedly bought. Happy to be proven wrong though!

The thread on X here someone has located that concept art to be on a patch of around 500 acre land near Milton Keynes:

From: https://x.com/simon83079/status/1736878353930428911?s=46&t=6Mljne77mVILyqvSsDVeRw

So again I think it’s far too early to be joining any dots up in my opinion… as I say, companies ideate and draw up concepts all the time, and this supposedly is from a concept almost a year ago that was presented internally as was said before.

No Hogwarts ? in a U.K. park? Personally I would find it redundant to include (we have the studios tour already ) but that and Super Nintendo World seem like glaring omissions

No Hogwarts ? in a U.K. park? Personally I would find it redundant to include (we have the studios tour already ) but that and Super Nintendo World seem like glaring omissions
It is rumoured, as per Alicia Stella, that the park would open with no duplicate attractions from Universal Orlando so as not to cannibalise the market of European tourists going to Orlando.

That’s not to say that there wouldn’t be some of the same IPs as in Orlando, though…

Also, as as been said already, I would be hesitant to read too much into any concept art shared at this stage. Particularly concept art that is not even confirmed to be official.

I don’t think we’d see anything Harry Potter related as Warner Bros wouldn’t license it to Universal in the UK whilst the Studio Tour exists surely.

It’s also still far too early, we’ll never know until it’s confirmed by Universal what it will be…

I’ve still got my bets on a film studio and not a theme park 🤣

Although I think it's a smart idea not to take too much from the Florida market (I was originally going to make a post on 'why the UK is an unlikely place for a Universal park as we are the most likley international guests to visit Orlando anyway' before the latest updates), I suspect they'll have the Disney World 'Pirates' problem if they don't include some of the big hitters. Harry Potter they could justify ommiting for a phase 2. But Nintendo I expect would be expected, especially given that by 2030 the other Universal parks will likley have expanded theirs multiple times over.

And if they did make a Middle Earth Land there's no way Orlando wouldn't also demand one as soon as somewhere else got one.

I would certainly want to see a Middle Earth area if at all possible as it would be a huge draw for the park alot with Jurassic Park and Nintendo Land etc.