• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Project:Fear

Fredward said:
No need to take sams post to heart and respond sarcastically, given your post stating "i can't see how anyone would enjoy this" he has every right to disagree and correct you.

And its phew not few! :p

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
I hadn't stated that "nobody likes this kind of thing", though, rather that I can't understand why anyone would truly enjoy some of the contents of this attraction. Therefore, there's nothing to correct. However, what would be helpful would be for someone who has experienced this attraction to explain why they enjoy a certain part or all of it.

:)

Here is the link to the review on TTF

And as a side note am I the only one who finds all these "that other site" comments to be ridiculously childish. Two weeks ago most of you were damn near in love with TTF and now you're all acting like it's Theme Park Review. I get that you might feel annoyed towards Chris-TT for making the decision that caused the team to leave but this is just getting silly. Most of you never even talked to the guy. Unless he or another member of the new team did anything to directly offend you there is no reason for this grudge.

I might of had a go in that if I had the chance to.

Sounds absolutely as scary as hell but at the end of the day they can't actually kill you.

I have to say, regardless of what the show contained, there's no way I would sign that waiver. It basically says "we can beat you up as much as we like, and if you end up in hospital you can't touch us". I question the legality of that.

AstroDan said:
My first thought was Sexual Fetish gratification for the actors.

Now I have read a few comments about those who attended, my thoughts remain so.

Definitely not for me!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I read a full review on this and I question whether it's sexual fetish gratification for actors AND guests. It sounds deeply unpleasant in parts and the subject matter (rape, violent scenes and suggestions of child abuse) concerns me a little that this show is put on in the name of 'entertainment'?
I don't get it.

Of course, those who went clearly enjoyed the "show", and I'm not trying to question their sanity or morals or anything! :p
It's a bit like the film Hostel: People will always watch it, even I did (though it certainly wasn't what I expected) It's more the people who make this kind of "entertainment" that I find questionable.

I like how judgemental people are being in this topic...

Essentially this was a live action horror film... Up to you whether you like it.. bit no reason to judge the people who would...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I would say most of the people that went through we're hardened scare attraction fans that have done your common Alton towers/Thorpe park events and been to tullys farm etc and wanted to take it to another level of terror. This show will win awards for being so out there and different I'm sure.
But that's the thing about these attractions if it's not for you then don't go and wait for scareFEST it's a personal choice . I would not go in and my partner lasted about 5 mins before having to leave with the feeling of drowning real heavy stuff in there.

Tim said:
And as a side note am I the only one who finds all these "that other site" comments to be ridiculously childish. Two weeks ago most of you were damn near in love with TTF and now you're all acting like it's Theme Park Review. I get that you might feel annoyed towards Chris-TT for making the decision that caused the team to leave but this is just getting silly. Most of you never even talked to the guy. Unless he or another member of the new team did anything to directly offend you there is no reason for this grudge.

There is no requirement for members to say the "other site" when talking about TowersTimes, i certainly still read it though i no longer have an account for reasons that are my own. Though as we all made clear the team here wish the team over at TowersTimes all the very best

I imagine though it is mostly just a little bit of silly humour on most peoples parts, though we will not tolerate any negative comments about TT. This is way off topic though we do have some that are closer to the subject in the Guest Services forum, if people want to discus it further.

:)

It was indeed intended to be tongue in cheek. You guys know me... when I want to be nasty you will know about it. ;)
Anyway, where were we? ...

Reading the review on TTF it does sound very intense - and what I'd probably expect from an experience such as this.

The only part that makes me concerned is the scene with the little girl and dad. Now I'm an open minded person with scare attractions but when it comes to kids being used as sexual objects I even think it's going far beyond the boundaries of everything. I felt sickened reading that bit, really not something I'd want to see in any scare maze, however extreme or intense. :|

Other than that it sounds pretty good. Not my type of thing, as I'd feel very uncomfortable in an experience like this. But if you're into something intense, extreme and if you get a thrill off being in things like this it sounds like it's well worth the money.

JamesDLD said:
This sounds utterly vile and depraved. People actually pay to be treated like this? :eek:

Yeah and travel from all over the country to got through a 20 min attraction this post was started on Friday night by Oli I saw him there on Sunday before and after he had gone through I would like to hear his pov of it.

Hi guys

I am part of the GNG team that designed Project Fear up so I thought I would just pop a post on to clear a few things up for you all.

Firstly though, thanks to everyone who has posted about the show on here, its certainly stirred up some great debate. We actually got the idea for the show when we did last years Bunker 13 scare attraction which some of you guys came to. 3 grown men came out of the show (which was aimed at the 12+ market) which at the time blew our minds! Some girl came over to us and said “I wonder how far too far is”, this got us thinking. Project Fear was NOT a traditional scare attraction, in fact, on the website we describe it as extreme theatre as this was in essence was it was. There were no harris fence corridors or “maze” type sections, everything was done inside a real theatre space, all open plan. The concept behind the show was to evoke different emotions in the guests by presenting them with real life challenging situations. We had pure, primal fears, embarrassment, intimidation etc, basically taking the guest on a journey into the darkest places imaginable. Its quite interesting through that only a very small percentage actually said the safety word, about 90% made it through and the feedback from them (very normal people by the way) was amazing. We had the cream of the UK scare industry over to see it and every review has nothing but praise for the show.

Just to clear a few things up though. No one at all was “beaten up”, not sure where that came from but its been mentioned quite a lot. We had everything in place to ensure the event was safe and ran professionally. We had all insurances, all required licences, all risk assessments etc in place months before this event happened so no one was EVER in any real danger of being hurt/mentally scared. Every single second you were inside the show was controlled to ensure no one was put in any danger.

Also, we didn’t make money from it, this wasn’t what the show was about, it was an experiment, a social experiment and nothing more and one that we will never repeat. Not because it was a fail, far from it, but we set out to do this for 3 nights only, 150 people maximum and thats it.

It wasn’t for everyone and in fact a review from the Scare Network actually say if you were looking for a Scarefest type experience you would have found it very extreme but this was never the aim.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions you want to ask direct please feel free, here are some links to a few official reviews that have been put up

Gazza

http://www.terrorattractions.co.uk/project_fear.xhtml
http://scareworldmagazine.wordpress.com ... ar-feature

Well, thankyou for taking the time to explain your side of things to us

While I don't doubt that no one was in any danger of being physically hurt*, the "mental scarring" is a bit harder to judge. Afterall, waterboarding is supposed to make you think you are going to drown.

*Some of the reports I heard from people who did the attraction did say that some of the pushing and shoving was a bit on the rough side, however, those people took it in good humour, so I don't mean to imply that anyone was actually injured.

I think if you were aiming to find out how far is "too far", then it sounds like you succeeded.