• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Project:Fear

Oli

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Tidehunter
So, now that Project:Fear has kicked off: thoughts, opinions and reviews please.

i had to Google what this was lol, might be helpful if you put some details in the first post about it?

It sounds very unique i must admit, has anyone booked any of the places yet?

From what I heard last night, it sounds utterly disgusting. Apparently it's not a "scare" attraction, but more of a "beat you up, torture you, and offend you in every way possible" type thing. Not for me, thankyou!

Wonder how long till the Daily Mail hear about it and go mad?

[trying not to give spoilers] Obviously Dom and I only have second hand information. None of those who did it last night have posted yet. Most of it sounds "only" f***ed up. But there is apparently one scene which, to me, sounds like it goes too far beyond taste and decency.

I'll never understand the appeal, I'm afraid. Scares are one thing, but this?

When I first heard of it, but before reading up on the details, I was quite interested. I enjoy the theme park scare mazes but they're not very reliable and you can get a poor run through due to the group size.

My interest pretty much evaporated when I read the T&Cs, I don't see how some of the stuff listed in there could ever be justified in what is ultimately meant to be entertainment. I've not heard any full reviews yet though, so I'm interested to hear the thoughts of those who've done it.

I understand and acknowledge that during the performance I may be bound and have my head covered which will restrict my movement. I am happy for the cast of Project: Fear to do this to me as part of the overall experience. I acknowledge that I do not suffer from any condition or ailment that will be aggravated by me experiencing this.

:eek: Certainly seems realistic enough...

My first thought was Sexual Fetish gratification for the actors.

Now I have read a few comments about those who attended, my thoughts remain so.

Definitely not for me!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I'm afraid this was very real show I visited last night and G & G entertainment have produced a amazing social experiment not a scare attraction me and my partner personally produce attractions and dong think i could ever dream of some of the things in this attraction I resisted going through but my partner did she got as far as the first scene and had to come out through a new found fear of water, we visit again today and saw lots coming through all looking very shaken not many looked arroused. This was a one off show visited by most of the top scare attraction owners in the country and all said how frightening but good it was I know a few off here visited today so I wait for there review.

I don't mean to be rude, but is there really much point in an attraction like this? I just can't see how anyone could enjoy any of it at all? :eek:

You are not being rude we all have our own ideas of a attraction. It like anything else it's horses for courses and a successful one at that.

If no-one enjoyed it, then nobody would go, and they wouldn't put it on because it wouldn't make any money. So obviously people do enjoy it, maybe their tastes just differ from yours.

I remember it being advertised as 50 people per night at £10 each? That's only takings of £1500... If I'm right I'd be interested to know how they ran it off such low costs?

mrbrightside said:
I remember it being advertised as 50 people per night at £10 each? That's only takings of £1500... If I'm right I'd be interested to know how they ran it off such low costs?

Perhaps it was just a venture to gauge the success of an attraction as extreme as that? Maybe profit wasn't the ultimate objective, obviously supported by the fact that it was only over 3 days.

Attractions like this aren't normally run for profit (or at least that's what I gathered from scarecon) its done for the love of what they do... Don't label it as a weird fetish, (it may be in certain circumstances though! :p ) its a form of acting and role playing

There are various kinds of people who would love to attend this event.

Scare attraction enthusiasts.

People who have a genuine interest.

And people who would do this just to say they have done it, in an extreme circumstance, think of how popular 2girls1cup is, you do it to challenge your self.

I would put myself between the top 2, I really wanted to do this, but Sheffield was to out of the way and I couldn't justify the cost... Little gutted to be honest, sounded quite the experience.

Wish I could of joined the few TSTers who were there though!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Sam said:
If no-one enjoyed it, then nobody would go, and they wouldn't put it on because it wouldn't make any money. So obviously people do enjoy it, maybe their tastes just differ from yours.
Phew! For a minute there, I thought everyone had the same tastes as myself. Silly me! ::)

Edited spelingz f0r you. ;)

No need to take sams post to heart and respond sarcastically, given your post stating "i can't see how anyone would enjoy this" he has every right to disagree and correct you.

And its phew not few! :p

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I'd love to read a review/trip report of this, if only to be even more adamant (if that's at all possible) that it's entirely not my thing :p. Is anyone who went Friday planning on writing one?

There is one on that other site, written by a well known member who shares your first name and initial, Islander ;) . I won't link to it on principal, even if it is a good TR, but it should be easy enough to find.