• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Queue Times Discussion 2024

We've discussed many times before that term times are rough guides now that Academy trusts, even within the same area, have various different term times. There are no national term dates anymore, you just have to look at the last few posts to see that. This should be a good thing actually as it does spread the crowds out somewhat.

It's likely that a lot of schools in the region, or maybe even further afield, are off this week. My lot aren't, their last day is Thursday and then they're off for 2 weeks, but just because my lot are the state's problem this week, doesn't mean that John 'o Groats Academy and St Ives Comprehensive aren't off. So this is effectively a 3 week end of term, with the busiest week likely to be the one in the middle.

Just a quick question I’m hoping you can help me out with, I’m planning my once yearly trip to Towers and trying to work out when would be best to visit. Because of taking the kids and having quite a long drive to the park we are limited in our options as to when we can go (just Saturdays and school holidays).

Does the park tend to be equally busy throughout the whole of August or are there any days that tend to be quieter? Also would a Saturday in say June be generally any better for queues than a midweek day in August (sorry, I know that is a difficult question to answer)?

Just a quick question I’m hoping you can help me out with, I’m planning my once yearly trip to Towers and trying to work out when would be best to visit. Because of taking the kids and having quite a long drive to the park we are limited in our options as to when we can go (just Saturdays and school holidays).

Does the park tend to be equally busy throughout the whole of August or are there any days that tend to be quieter? Also would a Saturday in say June be generally any better for queues than a midweek day in August (sorry, I know that is a difficult question to answer)?

First two weeks of the summer holidays tend to be much quieter than August. As the weeks go on, the park gets busier.

I tend to use this for all parks we plan to visit:

Naturally it's only a guide and can't account for variables like weather but it tends to give a decent ballpark view based on historical data and public holidays.

As you can see June is traditionally much quieter on a Saturday than the equivalent in August (other than the half term weekend) and even some weekdays. Otherwise the earlier in August you can do and on a Tuesday or Wednesday tends to be your best bet.

How many cars does Get Set Go run these days? It’s currently on a 60 minute queue!
It’s always got one of the worse queues on park.

There always seems to be a few of the ride cars dotted around. You usually see a couple behind the Curse and then some behind Towers Street. Add a couple more to the transfer track as well. It’s definitely got awful capacity.

Surprisingly busy today, I had quite the shock when I seen the queue to enter the car park was all the way back to the gates!

Monorail queue was just outside the station so didn't bother. Appears there were 2 trains in service

Wickerman sat at an advertised queue of 25 min queue all day, but was often a bit quicker. The preshow was shambolic, they kept getting the timing wrong and the doors were being opened about 30 seconds after the video starts, as the station sat completely empty. Staff on the platform absolutely throwing the 3 trains out, rows were going around empty as the gates weren't filled quick enough.

Rita didn't open, although I seen one test run whilst waiting for Thirteen.

Thirteen advertised 25 min wait, I was in the station after around 15, just in time for it to break down :rolleyes: . Credit where due, sorted in about 10 mins

Nemmy advertised as 15 min, 14 of which were seemingly allocated to walking around the queueline

Did look at Galactica, advertised as 35 min but looked a lot longer so didn't bother

Surprisingly busy today, I had quite the shock when I seen the queue to enter the car park was all the way back to the gates!

Monorail queue was just outside the station so didn't bother. Appears there were 2 trains in service

Wickerman sat at an advertised queue of 25 min queue all day, but was often a bit quicker. The preshow was shambolic, they kept getting the timing wrong and the doors were being opened about 30 seconds after the video starts, as the station sat completely empty. Staff on the platform absolutely throwing the 3 trains out, rows were going around empty as the gates weren't filled quick enough.

Rita didn't open, although I seen one test run whilst waiting for Thirteen.

Thirteen advertised 25 min wait, I was in the station after around 15, just in time for it to break down :rolleyes: . Credit where due, sorted in about 10 mins

Nemmy advertised as 15 min, 14 of which were seemingly allocated to walking around the queueline

Did look at Galactica, advertised as 35 min but looked a lot longer so didn't bother
Election day...lots of classes/schools closed for voting.