• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions 2012

Dave said:
The bars close at Random times though it's usually between 1am and 2am in Splash, ATH tends to close about midnight. That said they tend to close the bars based on how busy they are. I have known then stay open until 3am but that doesn't seem to happen anymore.
Ah brilliant at least there will be a few hours to have a drink

To answer the other half of your question, entertainment in the Alton Towers Hotel ends roughly between 11pm-11:45pm during Scarefest. Although the times do vary per night. I'm unsure about the entertainment schedule in the Splash Landings hotel though. :)

There is a house across the road to Oblivion in the Backstage area. it look fairly new ? built in the 80's?

Does anyone why it was built there, did anyone live in it? and what it used for now as i saw part of a SW 4 sign in the window.

delta79 said:
There is a house across the road to Oblivion in the Backstage area. it look fairly new ? built in the 80's?

Does anyone why it was built there, did anyone live in it? and what it used for now as i saw part of a SW 4 sign in the window.

Isn't it a storage area, or some kind of green room? I would imagine it was originally built to live in, going by the looks of it - also when you consider back then almost nothing existed in that area anyway.

Yes someone lived there, I think it was built around the 40's, might have hd something to do with the bagshaws. It was vacated about 15-20 years ago. Now it's used as storage and staff stuff.

Does anyone have any idea if they're likely to be offering discounted tickets for the first day of fireworks this season? I recall them doing something simlar last season but you were limited to coming after 3pm or so. Anyone got any idea?

Does anyone know how you use your Nectar card points towards the ticket entry? We have about £30.00 worth on the card and want to use it. When we went to get buy back tickets in May, they said we couldn't just swipe the card. However when I checked on the Nectar website, it seems that that is infact all you do, give it to the cashier and the points come off..?
Anyone done this before..?

Noonie99 said:
Does anyone know how you use your Nectar card points towards the ticket entry? We have about £30.00 worth on the card and want to use it. When we went to get buy back tickets in May, they said we couldn't just swipe the card. However when I checked on the Nectar website, it seems that that is infact all you do, give it to the cashier and the points come off..?
Anyone done this before..?

Hi there,

I have bought tickets through Nectar before. You either have to phone them on 0844 811 0811 or log in to your nectar rewards online account. After you have done that they issue you a voucher to take to the park and spend. It takes about a week and you might want to look at the T&C's just to make sure when they are valid! Have fun :)

Is this weekend the weekend when all of the travellers visit? Planning a family day out. The uttoxeter races are on this Sunday 7th so I was just checking.

JAMMYD778 said:
Is this weekend the weekend when all of the travellers visit? Planning a family day out. The uttoxeter races are on this Sunday 7th so I was just checking.

Usually the 'travellers weekend' coincides with the Uttoxeter races - so I would imagine this weekend will see quite a few of them on park yes.

I stayed in the hotel last year and for the first time got to explore the park in full. My only disapointment was the haunted hollow (whice i stumbled accross) and it seemed to be neglected, it wasnt used to full affect. (this was during scarefest) But also the queue line for Duel also could be used to good affect during scarefest. Its dark full of eerie stuff and was just sat there not being used. Surely someone could have used it to good affect. That is all

The haunted hollow and Duel have both been used during Scarefest in the past but have been removed from the lineup since then. The problem with Duel's queue is that the ride has such a high throughput that the queue very, very rarely needs to be used! I agree Haunted Hollow ought to be utilised more in Scarefest though.

All, especially those of you living near towers, when do the kiddiewinks break up for their halloween school holidays around there? I'm assuming that once they've broken up it is solid busy right through scarefest?

I'm sure the kids round my way are still at school during week 1 so hoping it'll be quieter then?

pluk said:
All, especially those of you living near towers, when do the kiddiewinks break up for their halloween school holidays around there? I'm assuming that once they've broken up it is solid busy right through scarefest?

I'm sure the kids round my way are still at school during week 1 so hoping it'll be quieter then?

The Staffordshire school half term is from the 29th to the 2nd - so it doesn't affect too much of Scarefest.

My annual pass runs out and I was just wondering if I can actually renew it tommorrow?

If tomorrow is your last day, you can use it to get on park and Im fairly sure you can renew it on park at the box office. Will try and find out for you :)

Does anybody know if Towers2 tickets still on offer on park and would I be able to buy them for a second day of fireworks?

BigDave said:
Josh - Just got a Tweet from Alton Towers and yes you can renew a pass on park on the day it runs out :)
Ah brilliant thank you for that :)