• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Don’t know if it’s been asked yet, but does anyone know when traveller day is this season?
I did a Google search on the topic (seeing I have tickets for this Sunday) and some past traveller days seemed to have coincided with race meetings at Uttoxeter. Of which there isn’t one until the 18th Oct. I’m crossing fingers, but not holding out much hope.

So the weathers gonna be bad on Saturday and the travellers are going to descend on the park on Sunday. :confused: It’s hard enough to enjoy Alton Towers as it is, never mind all this!! :eek:

Last edited:
Not sure about Skyride but 40mph seems to be the magic number. Winds or gusts exceeding 40mph are likely to result in some of the main coasters closing.

It always was low(er) than 40mph. Didn't the H&S investigation reveal Gerstlauer's recommended wind speed was 33 or 34mph? Is the cut-off now lower than that?

Last edited:
Just checked the report and you're right. Gerstlauer instructions state "the ride must be shut down if "Wind force 7" is reached (~34 mph, (~15m/s), stormy wind; trees are oscillating)"

Hi all, apologies for my ignorance in advance. Heading to Towers on Monday but have never done Scarefest before.

Are the two for one vouchers (Cadburys, Kellogg's etc) eligible to use for the maze inclusive tickets? I presumed so but just thought I'd check first

Hi all, apologies for my ignorance in advance. Heading to Towers on Monday but have never done Scarefest before.

Are the two for one vouchers (Cadburys, Kellogg's etc) eligible to use for the maze inclusive tickets? I presumed so but just thought I'd check first

No, they are only valid against regular entry tickets. You need to book the mazes separately either online in advance or on the day, if they have any availability left.

I believe during scarefest and fireworks hotel guests get given fast tracks as there's no ERT

Does anybody know if you can pick these up in the morning before the theme park opens?

Staying in the enchanted village fireworks sunday and probably won't go to our lodge until the end of the day so would like them early

I believe during scarefest and fireworks hotel guests get given fast tracks as there's no ERT

Does anybody know if you can pick these up in the morning before the theme park opens?

Staying in the enchanted village fireworks sunday and probably won't go to our lodge until the end of the day so would like them early

Check in upon arrival even though you are not allowed to have access to your lodge until after 3pm. Pick up your fast tracks upon arrival before you enter the park, for what they are worth.

Usually have visited AT by now and most times it's nice and quiet going midweek even half-term. But this year it will be Monday 29th. Just wondering what the few days leading up to Halloween are like busy-wise. I know the Wicker Man will probably be busy whatever day. Checked online to see what times they are offering for the mazes (although I'll be buying tickets on the day) and there were less slots for the Monday than the rest of the week. Not sure how reliable that is though as a way of telling busyness. Hopefully the cold might put some people off!

Usually have visited AT by now and most times it's nice and quiet going midweek even half-term. But this year it will be Monday 29th. Just wondering what the few days leading up to Halloween are like busy-wise. I know the Wicker Man will probably be busy whatever day. Checked online to see what times they are offering for the mazes (although I'll be buying tickets on the day) and there were less slots for the Monday than the rest of the week. Not sure how reliable that is though as a way of telling busyness. Hopefully the cold might put some people off!

Gate numbers this season is irrelevance to how busy the queue lines are due to poor ride operations. On a quiet day, they run less trains on the coasters, so waiting times are no difference.

Next week, most of the schools are back (with the exception of the local schools) so the gate numbers should be low, but do expect to spend some time queuing due to poor ride operations. The park usually goes quieter after dark and with he park open for 11 hours, you should get on a few good rides, both during the day and once darkness fall. Don't forget the clocks go back tonight, so you get an extra hour of rides in the dark.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.