• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Are there any rides at towers that may cause nausea? Visiting on Monday and don't wanna be ill lol

I've posted this info many times before on here and other forums to combat motion sickness at theme parks.

You can use any one of, or a combination of the following. I've tried tips 1, 3 and 5 with success. But now-a-days I only use tip 1. However I don't recommend tip 5 due to drowsiness.

1. Peppermint (Peppermint Tea or what I use is Extra Strong Peppermints, Tesco do their own brand a pack or 4 for a £1 consume before and after each ride)

2. Ginger

3. Seabands (wrist bands that you wear on your wrists)

4. Flat coca cola (no fizz, wait for it to go flat)

5. Travel sickness tablets, (Please note that these work by making you drowsy, so you will feel tired when taking them. Take at the start of the day when you arrive, so if you are driving, they would have worn off by the time you drive home. Don't drive if they do make you drowsy)

I used to work on cruise ships where sea sickness was common amongst the passengers

I hope the above advice will help :)

Was sat eating lunch yesterday watching Rita going round. The track is two different colours. Red and grey. Is that a new thing for this year or has it always been like that?

The two highest sections are dark green to make them less visible from outside the park. It's been that way since it opened, but the track was entirely red during construction and only changed a few weeks before it opened. The top of Corkscrew was also camouflaged, as is Galactica's lift.

The two highest sections are dark green to make them less visible from outside the park. It's been that way since it opened, but the track was entirely red during construction and only changed a few weeks before it opened. The top of Corkscrew was also camouflaged, as is Galactica's lift.

I never noticed it before lol

Water park question, how busy should I expect it to be next Wednesday?? As is a morning session quieter than the afternoon? Or no difference? Thanks

This is something I've always wandered about but where do the gardens finish? There's a field and farm behind it so is it fenced off just infront of that?

In what direction are you talking?
They used to go much further on down the valley, past king Inas rocks, behind the new hotel.
I don't think they were actually fenced in at the bottom, back in the days of the Corkscrew.

In what direction are you talking?
They used to go much further on down the valley, past king Inas rocks, behind the new hotel.
I don't think they were actually fenced in at the bottom, back in the days of the Corkscrew.
well yes too many rides of high value.
Rita. High value...

The combination of the queuetimes site, and sticking your head out of the window to check the weather, gives a pretty accurate estimation of likely waits.
We checked the BPB figures a couple of weeks ago and they were quite accurate.
August tends to get busier as the month goes on, and all those season passes can only make things worse!

and sticking your head out of the window to check the weather, gives a pretty accurate estimation of likely waits.
Well the weather is going to be quite bad when I go so should be alright. The only problem with bad weather tho is that reliability isn't great but oh well.

Does anyone know in what form you get the platinum Fastrack passes i.e. digital, ticket, wristband etc. I am mostly wondering if a group of 4 of us could share 2 between us? Presumably the park are wise to this and have blocked this some how.

Trying to find a way to get the most out of the park following the loss of the single rider queue!

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
You can either buy them online which gives you the option print them out yourself, or keep on your phone (confirmation email) for them to scan the code, or you can purchase them from the box office where they will give each individual who purchase a Card with a list of the said rides which the gate staff tick off individually on entry to the queue. Speaking from my personal experience anyway

Last edited:
Also platinum is only necessary when the park is very busy. Even if the parks relatively busy, you can still get on a lot of rides without fastrack so I wouldn't bother if I were you

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.