Quick Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dave, 1st Jan 2013.

1. Boloney

Boloney TowersStreet Member

I'm not expecting no one to watch my kids. They are fine by themselves for couple of minutes. I can't understand why can't they que up with me? Specially when before they were allowed to do it on many occasions. Someone who is over 1.4 m may decide last minute they don't wanna ride and they may wait by the exit gates. Where is the problem?

Jb85 likes this.
  2. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

Because if you give an inch, people take a mile.

It sets a precedent and can lead to various unintended consequences such as multiple parents leaving kids unattended on ride platforms, staff being unable to accurately predict queue times since they wouldn’t know if everyone waiting was actually riding, and so on.

3. Ethan

Ethan TowersStreet Member

Is this offer still valid? The only way I can access it is via this link as there's no other way to it. Not on the website or anything

4. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

As far as I know, if you can purchase the pass via that link, then yes it’s still valid.

Ethan and skyscraper like this.
  5. LordOfDarkness

LordOfDarkness TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    T&Cs: £10 discount valid for 2020 Season Passes only (£10 discount per pass). Offer available until 25/11/19.

skyscraper likes this.
  6. Boloney

Boloney TowersStreet Member

But this has been done. In the past, it's not something that people don't do. It doesn't happen very often but it does.

7. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

Under the rules, it should never happen, it is a safeguarding issue under clear law, unattended children are a risk to themselves, and at risk from others, in open environments.
    All parks have clear rules on not leaving children unattended.
    The staff all have active roles and can't observe minors on platforms competently while doing their proper tasks.
    If staff let standards slide, or turn a blind eye, supervisors or managers will (eventually) reimpose the correct procedures.

Rojo, Boloney and DiogoJ42 like this.
  8. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Out of interest, do you need to pre-book for Fireworks if you are a premium MAP holder, but not staying in a resort hotel?

9. Steve74

Steve74 TowersStreet Member

Based on last year, yes you do - or at least it was recommended I think. But who knows if that will be different this year!

Matt N and skyscraper like this.
  10. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

Saturday and Sunday sold out for 2019 so I would expect will be the same for 2020 and you should book to ensure you get in. Friday will probably be OK unless it falls in half-term.

Matt N likes this.
  11. Steve74

And it only sold out a week or so before too, if I remember rightly. So there is plenty of time yet to get the tickets! Although if this year goes as quick as last, it's November next month!

skyscraper, jon81uk and Matt N like this.
  12. Matt N

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Thanks very much for the responses, guys! Out of interest, do you have to buy park tickets if you’re a premium MAP holder, or do you have to go somewhere else to pre-book a place?

skyscraper likes this.
  13. MattyH

MattyH TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Alton Towers Monorail
    There will be an option to pre book a MAP Place for about £5 IIRC

skyscraper and Matt N like this.
  14. Steve74

I think there is an option on the ticket website where you can buy the "guaranteed" entry ticket. So effectively you are buying a ticket to be scanned at the turnstiles like any other but it'll just cost you £10 or whatever the price is. I've never done it as last year was my first firework weekend and I stayed in the lodges for 1 night so we had guaranteed entry over both days we were there

skyscraper and Matt N like this.
  15. Matt N

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Ah right; thanks guys!

skyscraper likes this.
  16. Ellie G

Ellie G TowersStreet Member

Can you still get early access to the park when staying at one of the hotels even if not booking park tickets through them? (hoping to get free Sun tickets) Thanks.

17. Dave

Dave TS Founding Member

yes you just need your room card wallet (with the insert) as proof you are staying

18. Ellie G

Ellie G TowersStreet Member

Fab thank you Dave, just thinking about what time to book breakfast for!

19. RoyJess

RoyJess TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Oblivion? Valhalla? or Apocalypse?
    If you want to catch Early ride time, I personally would recommend that you book your breakfast for the earliest time possible (as soon as the restaurant opens), breakfast is usually quiet first thing, but does get busy a little later . Then check out and get to the park gates as soon as you can, for park opening, walk it if necessarily to avoid the mono rail mad rush

Ellie G and skyscraper like this.
  20. Mammal1080

Mammal1080 TowersStreet Member

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering if there are size (width?) and weight limits in Splash Landings waterpark?

So far, all I can find is that there is "a max combined passenger weight limit of 133 kilograms" on Masterblaster, found in the Resort Access Guide 2019.

Anyone know of any more restrictions?

Thank you.