• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Hi guys,

I'm just wondering if there are size (width?) and weight limits in Splash Landings waterpark?

So far, all I can find is that there is "a max combined passenger weight limit of 133 kilograms" on Masterblaster, found in the Resort Access Guide 2019.

Anyone know of any more restrictions?

Thank you.

That pretty much covers it in terms of weight and size limits. There's nothing else for the waterpark that I'm aware of :)

Also merged with Quick Questions

I wasn't sure what thread to put this in, so please move this post if necessary, but does anyone know if Wicker Man normally has any wood replaced over the off-season? Only asking because I read a trip report from just before Alton Towers closed for the 2019 season where the writer said that Wicker Man was "so rough it hurt [their] back" in sections, and I did hear other people say the ride was getting rough towards the end of 2019, so I was wondering whether Alton Towers were potentially planning to retrack any sections over the off-season?

I haven't ridden Wicker Man since September 2018, when it was still all shiny and new, so I'm a touch worried about how it's going to ride in March if these reviews are true. I don't see how a wooden coaster from GCI would deteriorate that quickly, though, and I remember Wicker Man being pretty smooth for a woodie when I last rode, so on the other hand, I'm looking forward to riding it again!

I would say the first section before you enter the wicker man was certainly a lot rougher towards the end of last season than when it opened.

As far as I’m aware no woods been replaced yet (of course it could have this winter), however randomly anti roll backs have been added and removed and added and removed (strangely).

I guess wood will be replaced over time, as if you don’t they’ll end up with a really awful ride.

I would say the first section before you enter the wicker man was certainly a lot rougher towards the end of last season than when it opened.

As far as I’m aware no woods been replaced yet (of course it could have this winter), however randomly anti roll backs have been added and removed and added and removed (strangely).

I guess wood will be replaced over time, as if you don’t they’ll end up with a really awful ride.
Ah right. Thanks for the clarification @djtruefitt; would be nice to see them do a little bit of retracking over winter in some of the ride's rougher sections!

(I ought to know this but I don't come up to stay as much as I used to!)

With regards to staying on resort for two nights and ERT, does that mean you won't have to buy a day ticket to get in?

And does the bounceback/Towers2 ticket still exist, if you would have to get a day ticket?

(I ought to know this but I don't come up to stay as much as I used to!)

With regards to staying on resort for two nights and ERT, does that mean you won't have to buy a day ticket to get in?

And does the bounceback/Towers2 ticket still exist, if you would have to get a day ticket?
Resort stay does not include park tickets by default but you can add them on when booking.

Bounce back has pretty much been replaced by the season pass which is £58 which you can buy outright or upgrade a day ticket to by paying the extra.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks @evilcod. I'm just enquiring for a friend coming with me on one of the next meets!

Also, before I forget, are the 'Bring a friend' £15 vouchers from 2018 still valid into 2020 as long as I hold an MAP? The pass I got them with expires just after the Opening Weekend meet and I used it to get my friend into another park last October.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade a bring a friend ticket to a season pass on the day and what the cost would be?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade a bring a friend ticket to a season pass on the day and what the cost would be?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Yes you can. You would just take the cost of the bring a friend ticket (£15) off the cost of the season pass, currently £58 for standard or £75 for premium, and that is the upgrade cost.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.