• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Quick Questions 2013

LiamC said:
Anyone know what time the park will open during the February half term opening?
Think it's 10 till 4 :)

KingNemesis said:
They do sell standard Alton Towers ones for anyone to buy, Think for around £6

I have bought a one or two of them in recent years.

Example: (Apologies for the general dustiness and condition of it, been laying dormant in my room for about a year)

drinksy.jpg
The Quenchers sold on park for £6 are day-use ones and in theory shouldn't be accepted on a different day of the season... They don't really enforce this though.

Scott said:
KingNemesis said:
They do sell standard Alton Towers ones for anyone to buy, Think for around £6

I have bought a one or two of them in recent years.

Example: (Apologies for the general dustiness and condition of it, been laying dormant in my room for about a year)

drinksy.jpg
The Quenchers sold on park for £6 are day-use ones and in theory shouldn't be accepted on a different day of the season... They don't really enforce this though.

Exactly, don't see how they can enforce it very well as surely its the same design every day?
You don't show them the bottle you just fill them up.

They could feasibly ask to see a receipt or do what some other attractions do and write the date in marker pen on the bottom (though as last seasons were black, it wouldn't help much xD). Equally, they could stop you from taking one in if they saw you with it outside.

I agree that it's not enforced though, and I have used a day capsule on another occasion during the season :) I was just advising that they are meant to be one day use only.

Scott said:
They could feasibly ask to see a receipt or do what some other attractions do and write the date in marker pen on the bottom (though as last seasons were black, it wouldn't help much xD). Equally, they could stop you from taking one in if they saw you with it outside.

I agree that it's not enforced though, and I have used a day capsule on another occasion during the season :) I was just advising that they are meant to be one day use only.

True.. Unless you buy from one of the stands, I don't think they give receipts.
But yeah its not enforced :) Thanks for that information anyway :D

Though they won't accept that red one, as they changed the colour 2 years ago ;)

Dunno why they don't enforce it really. Surely the amount of people who abuse it (which seemed a lot when loads were carrying the wrong colour/black one when they were only selling thin models in scarefest) would still pay the days price if they were found out.. You're losing out on lots when it stacks up!

It's brilliant how you can the standard beakers all years :)

Clearly towers dont protect their profits very much!

I think this year they may change the system, especially as they have made some big changes to the Merlin pass year capsules. I dont get why they dont just write the date on the bottle somewhere, just have a blank space where the date can be written.

If the enforced it then they should do two different versions -

* One that is a one day use bottle for £5 - can only be used on date printed on the bottom of the bottle.

* A season long bottle - for people that don't have Merlin Annual Passes, or like myself, just a Alton Towers Premium Annual Pass so then I could get a refill bottle that will last me the entire season. They could then maybe charge £10-12 for them.

hi there, does anyone know the website which was a database of all the theme parks and rides, I don't know if it is still going or not, it's not coaster force or RCDB. Does anyone have any ideas?

does anyone know which station transmits to the gondoliers on skyride, when the ops want to give a message to them?

delta79 said:
does anyone know which station transmits to the gondoliers on skyride, when the ops want to give a message to them?

The main drive operator is in the Forbiddon Valley station, so I'm guessing there. :)

Talking of Skiride, where do all the gondola's go at night? Might sound like a totally idiotic question, but do they all just hang? I'm sure someone said to me once they all go into the stations but I cant see that there would be room lol
Excuse me for being a dits, but its something I always wonder when we are riding it..

Noonie99 said:
Talking of Skiride, where do all the gondola's go at night? Might sound like a totally idiotic question, but do they all just hang? I'm sure someone said to me once they all go into the stations but I cant see that there would be room lol
Excuse me for being a dits, but its something I always wonder when we are riding it..

If the weather is going to be fine overnight they can stay on the cable, if not they are stored in the Skyride garage which is located in the Towers Street station. If you go into that station the queue passes the big doors that link to the garage and you can see the transfer tracks above your head. You can even see in to the garage from the queue

This is a picture of the garage from Alton Towers Almanac (obviously with the old gondolas).

normal_aaa_skyride_02.jpg

That would be taken with the photographers back to the doors into the station.

Where the doors are in the Towers Street station you can look through the gaps in the door and see a full view of the garage, it's quite impressive. :)

Dave and James thank you for not laughing at my seemingly silly question and the information!! I shall have a good look next time! I know where you mean..

Noonie99 said:
Dave and James thank you for not laughing at my seemingly silly question and the information!! I shall have a good look next time! I know where you mean..
Ohh it's not a silly question :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.