• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Quick Questions 2013

I have heard that is available if you phone the usual number.

How much is pizza/pasta buffet this season anyone?

Alastair said:
Just had to book some print at home tickets on the site (never done it before) - is proof of identification really necessary for when we get on park? Surely you just go up to the turnstile and scan it?
The ID bit is standard Merlin policy and comes on all of their online receipts. For reference, they didn't ask for it today at the London Eye despite the email saying otherwise. However, as most people these days carry at least a provisional driving license it's not a big deal for most :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

djtruefitt said:
JordanC said:
Didn't think this deserved a topic of it's own... - Anyone know what's happening with the new Duel entrance?

What new Duel entrance? It was the same this weekend as its always been.

Sorry, I meant the new queue entrance. When did it change over to the right side of the house? (Picture showing this over on towersnerd)

Just a geek question........ How long have they used the Darklord thing on Oblivion. Only noticed it fortrhe forst time about 3 years ago. Also will "The smiler" use a simular thing as it would blend inwith the whole theme off xsector

Slugjc said:
Just a geek question........ How long have they used the Darklord thing on Oblivion. Only noticed it fortrhe forst time about 3 years ago. Also will "The smiler" use a simular thing as it would blend inwith the whole theme off xsector

As of yet, apart from what we know about the Ministry of Joy, nothing is known about The Smiler theming to an extent.

As for the Dark Lord, I believe he's been around since Oblivion first opened :)

LiamC said:
Slugjc said:

As of yet, apart from what we know about the Ministry of Joy, nothing is known about The Smiler theming to an extent.

As for the Dark Lord, I believe he's been around since Oblivion first opened :)

Must not have been paying much attention when ive been there before

delta79 said:
How busy is AT during half term week?

If the weekend is anything to go by then fairly busy. About 30-40 mins for Air and RMT. 10 mins or so for Nemmy. Between 30 and 50 mins for Sonic. However I would hazard a guess that it may be a bit quieter during the week as not everywhere is on half term, some counties had half term last week.

:)

JordanC said:
djtruefitt said:
JordanC said:
Didn't think this deserved a topic of it's own... - Anyone know what's happening with the new Duel entrance?

What new Duel entrance? It was the same this weekend as its always been.

Sorry, I meant the new queue entrance. When did it change over to the right side of the house? (Picture showing this over on towersnerd)

Every time I went on it during Saturday and Sunday we queued using the left hand side as normal. I guess someone had propably left the gate unlocked and people were using it by mistake.

Does RMT ever run one lap during extremely busy times?

-Sent from a mobile phone-

Looking to go to AT In October, we have deceided not to stay at the Hotel due to the fact that it will be half term and there will be kids. Plus (and i dont wish to sound grumpy) the entainment was crap when we went and deceided to take some drinks up to the room.Only to find out tat we couldnt escape it even there. So we have looked around the area for a b&b and are stuck into which is best.

Already ruled out The Malthouse and the Peakstones Inn. Has anyone else stayed in a b&b near by and can recommned it. Im fully aware about the fact we may have to pay for parking twice, but the missies works for thomson and we can get 40% off the ticket price so hopefully this wont be a problem.

Cheers chaps

Tom said:
Does RMT ever run one lap during extremely busy times?

-Sent from a mobile phone-

Every time I've been on it, even during peak Scarefest days, I've had two laps :)

Slugjc said:
Looking to go to AT In October, we have deceided not to stay at the Hotel due to the fact that it will be half term and there will be kids. Plus (and i dont wish to sound grumpy) the entainment was crap when we went and deceided to take some drinks up to the room.Only to find out tat we couldnt escape it even there. So we have looked around the area for a b&b and are stuck into which is best.

Already ruled out The Malthouse and the Peakstones Inn. Has anyone else stayed in a b&b near by and can recommned it. Im fully aware about the fact we may have to pay for parking twice, but the missies works for thomson and we can get 40% off the ticket price so hopefully this wont be a problem.

Cheers chaps

Try the Chained Oak B&B just down from the main gates, lovely little place! The link is here Chained Oak :)

Cheers chaps
[/quote]

Try the Chained Oak B&B just down from the main gates, lovely little place! The link is here Chained Oak :)
[/quote]

Thank very gladly my friend. Did phone the warren first but they would only take us for two nights. So chained oak it had to be. Plus i think its very kind of them that they let you park up and walk to the towers.

Do you know by anychance if the actualy tree is near there or at another part of the village >:D

Slugjc said:

Cheers chaps

Thank very gladly my friend. Did phone the warren first but they would only take us for two nights. So chained oak it had to be. Plus i think its very kind of them that they let you park up and walk to the towers.

Do you know by anychance if the actualy tree is near there or at another part of the village >:D

It is indeed, just a short walk from there. If you ask them at the B&B which way to go I'm sure they'll point you in the right direction :)

Hey guys,

I'd just like to know is it possible to buy an AT annual pass with just money in the ticket offices before you enter the main park next to the old Corkscrew track?

I have a question which I've been meaning to ask for a while. Why is the back row on Nemesis cordoned off every other dispatch? And who are the people that're allowed in the exit that's clearly marked as "exit and disabled guests only?"

Alastair said:
I have a question which I've been meaning to ask for a while. Why is the back row on Nemesis cordoned off every other dispatch? And who are the people that're allowed in the exit that's clearly marked as "exit and disabled guests only?"

They do this for either disabled guests or people with priority I've always assumed. And the people who are in the exit are generally one of these two groups :)

LiamC said:
Alastair said:

They do this for either disabled guests or people with priority I've always assumed. And the people who are in the exit are generally one of these two groups :)

Yes but it was happening today - several people coming in the exit, and the back row being cordoned off to those coming in the normal entrance. It's also happened in the past, it's definitely not just disabled guests - and it can't be fastrack either because that's the queue next door.

Alastair said:
LiamC said:
Alastair said:

Yes but it was happening today - several people coming in the exit, and the back row being cordoned off to those coming in the normal entrance. It's also happened in the past, it's definitely not just disabled guests - and it can't be fastrack either because that's the queue next door.

I would imagine that it is mainly disabled guests, as don't forget that they will have a party with them. There is a minimum of one carer, and I believe if the ride has a complex evacuation procedure and the disabled guest will need assistance then they are to take a minimum of three helpers onto the ride with them.
If one member of a family is disabled, then they will bring their helpers or family with them, as there is no reason their party should be split up.
It wouldn't have been fastrack as there is no fastrack at FHT and there is a separate queue for that. so disabled guests or those with exit passes.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.