• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Is the woodland walk still accessible?
If so is it possible to enter that way with a MAP during ERT even without being a hotel guest?

EDIT: Just realised it is currently closed for the construction. Nonetheless is it possible to use a MAP there?
Yes, you can. Its a good idea now the Valley is basically ERT in its entirety.

Haven't been to Alton towers in a few years and I'm going in a couple of weeks. I didn't wear glasses the last time I went but now I do, do they let you wear glasses on rides or do you have to take them off?

Haven't been to Alton towers in a few years and I'm going in a couple of weeks. I didn't wear glasses the last time I went but now I do, do they let you wear glasses on rides or do you have to take them off?

You can wear your glasses on all of the rides minus Rita, where the hosts will ask you to remove them prior to launch. However, if you have a sports strap for them like many of us glasses goers on the forum have, then you'll have no problem at all on any of the rides.

You can wear your glasses on all of the rides minus Rita, where the hosts will ask you to remove them prior to launch. However, if you have a sports strap for them like many of us glasses goers on the forum have, then you'll have no problem at all on any of the rides.
Thanks! Do they let you wear them on Rita with the sports strap?

Thanks! Do they let you wear them on Rita with the sports strap?
They do indeed, although nine times out of ten the host will ask you to take your glasses off without noticing the strap, so if you inform them of this during the restraint check they'll happily accept it.

They do indeed, although nine times out of ten the host will ask you to take your glasses off without noticing the strap, so if you inform them of this during the restraint check they'll happily accept it.
Fab! I'll get one off ebay - I just had visions of my glasses flying off mid-ride :flushed:

I knew we used to have a topic for this, but I haven't been Towers this year yet nor that invested in the community. Though I'm hoping to soon with a few friends. Anyone know what products have 2 for 1 vouchers attached to them at the moment?

I knew we used to have a topic for this, but I haven't been Towers this year yet nor that invested in the community. Though I'm hoping to soon with a few friends. Anyone know what products have 2 for 1 vouchers attached to them at the moment?

Certain Walkers Crisps (quavers, monster munch, etc) have half price vouchers (I think) on them at the moment. And a lot of Kelloggs products have 2 for 1. Goodfellos pizzas also had 2 for 1s earlier this year.. There might also be some still on P&G products (like pampers, and others I can't think of!)

Bear in mind a lot of them can't be used for fireworks and maybe a couple of other dates too.

:)

Now it's rare I ask many questions in here, but I can find the answer on the Alton Towers website.

Does anyone know if hotel guests will get anything this year instead of ERT during Scarefest/Fireworks. I know last year they got free fastrack before 11am (I think) and in other years they got some fastrack tickets for certain rides.

I have Tweeted them so i'm sure they will reply tomorrow if no one here knows the answer :)

visiting the park during the 22nd october (scarefest), could you guys please inform me if the park will be relatively busy or not, keeping my fingers crossed it will be pretty quiet and be able to walk on to rides for most of the day, many thanks ?

Now it's rare I ask many questions in here, but I can find the answer on the Alton Towers website.

Does anyone know if hotel guests will get anything this year instead of ERT during Scarefest/Fireworks. I know last year they got free fastrack before 11am (I think) and in other years they got some fastrack tickets for certain rides.

I have Tweeted them so i'm sure they will reply tomorrow if no one here knows the answer :)

Yes, this was in an email I got the other day regarding my stay this coming weekend:

For any guests who are staying over and have either pre – booked their Theme park tickets as part of hotel package or hold Merlin Passes, we are not operating our early ride time over Scarefest, but as a replacement offering these guests can use the Fastrack entrances on a selection of rides between 10am-11am, which will mean you can jump the queues for the first hour of ride opening. These rides include;
  • Oblivion
  • Nemesis
  • Air
  • Runaway Mine Train
  • Rita
  • TH13TEEN
  • Nemesis Sub-Terra
  • Hex
  • Battle Galleons
  • Charlie & The Chocolate Factory
  • Duel
  • Enterprise
  • Submission
  • Marauders Mayhem

Haha I completely missed that! Clearly they did bother chaning that part of the email from last year. :p

visiting the park during the 22nd october (scarefest), could you guys please inform me if the park will be relatively busy or not, keeping my fingers crossed it will be pretty quiet and be able to walk on to rides for most of the day, many thanks ?

It's not half term for schools in Staffordshire that date, so I don't think it will be as busy as at the weekends. But I doubt you'll be able to walk on most of the rides, so short queues on the majority of them

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.