• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Visiting this Saturday (Nov 1st) and I'm expecting the park to be heaving, given it's the last Saturday of Scarefest and the day after Halloween.

Again, the only geek in the party, and I've been asked what time we should arrive so that we're not the first there, but we're still not queuing long to get into the car park. Can anyone advise?

Also, will there be any spaces in the hotel car park as it's easier to park there than in the middle of a field! :p

Visiting this Saturday (Nov 1st) and I'm expecting the park to be heaving, given it's the last Saturday of Scarefest and the day after Halloween.

Again, the only geek in the party, and I've been asked what time we should arrive so that we're not the first there, but we're still not queuing long to get into the car park. Can anyone advise?

Also, will there be any spaces in the hotel car park as it's easier to park there than in the middle of a field! If not, will @djtruefitt's spot be available? :p

Hotel car park will only be for hotel guests. But if you arrive before 10 you should be in the main car park but there will be a queue for the monorail.

Would aiming to arrive by 9:30 be alright? We won't be taking the monorail unless the queue is near the entrance building. It takes about an hour to get there, so maybe leaving at 8:30. I'm just factoring in traffic.

Are you on park tomorrow? Pfft, I have to rely on people to get me there, plus it's more about the company and having a nice day out for me. Haven't had a day out with these folk for ages now. :)

I would suggest getting there for 9.30 or even aiming to be there earlier, as on busy days you get stuck in traffic all the way from Uttox sometimes. You should be in main car park/Air car park if you get there that early, its only later in the day when they start to fill the fields up.

Gates usually open at 9.45, so you really want to be there before then so you can get straight in to a queue for 10am ride opening.

Will we be able to get into the hotel car parks @djtruefitt or will they be all full?

I went Wednesday and got there late due to traffic and they were rammed.

Not even sure what the car park I ended up in was - B I think. All I know is I walked to the park due to a long monorail queue. The idea of Saturday, given people will likely have stayed over tonight as well, if it's busier than Wednesday. Oh boy.

And let's not forget we shouldn't advocate using the hotel car park when not staying in the hotels ;)

Question - normally, I go to the waterpark on the day, but on this occasion im staying in splash for 2 nights and have decided to treat my bro, wife and their daughter and they are coming along too, so ive booked waterpark tickets (with AP discount) with the hotel booking. They said I will get 2 days entry rather than the usual one.

Is that 2 days from the day you arrive? Or from first use?

So I arrive Sat and depart Mon. I want to go in Sunday and Monday. Or technically, if its 48 hours, if I go in 3pm Sat for example, then it should still be valid Monday morning?

Any idea?

Question - normally, I go to the waterpark on the day, but on this occasion im staying in splash for 2 nights and have decided to treat my bro, wife and their daughter and they are coming along too, so ive booked waterpark tickets (with AP discount) with the hotel booking. They said I will get 2 days entry rather than the usual one.

Is that 2 days from the day you arrive? Or from first use?

So I arrive Sat and depart Mon. I want to go in Sunday and Monday. Or technically, if its 48 hours, if I go in 3pm Sat for example, then it should still be valid Monday morning?

Any idea?

I don't know as I haven't used this offer at the hotel, but I would expect you get two tickets, so you could use Sunday and Monday. You won't be able to use them Satuday evening, Sunday and Monday, like the themepark once the tickets have been scanned at the turnstyle they won't work again.

I believe with these kind of offers you can use them either the day you arrive or the day you leave, so you could do sat and sun or sun and Mon. Like Jon says, you won't be able to use them over three days.

The tickets physically only work on two consecutive days but you can use them with a day apart. So you can use them on any of the days you are staying, but obviously omly on two of them.

I'm gonna buy an Alton Towers Annual Pass this year instead of the Merlin one, and when buying online, it says that the only delivery option is to collect at the park. Is this true, because obviously you can get the MAP posted to you.

Also, if I do have to collect on park, would I be able to collect it at the ticket huts on the plaza, or have to pay my £20 (?) for emtramce at FHT and then collect it from the resort box officeon TS?

Ta.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.