• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
How busy is Towers at the moment? I'm thinking of going Monday next week and presume it won't be too busy as most of the school trips won't have started by then?

The Towers shouldn't be too busy at the moment. Just cheek the ride time website for an idea on how busy it is. http://ridetimes.co.uk/ Queue times are usually determine by how quick they are loading the trains as oppose to gate numbers. However avoid the two weeks leading up to the Summer school holidays, there are when they have school trips and this period can be busier than the actual school holidays it's self.

The best time to head for the popular rides with minimum of queuing is first thing in the morning (ERT to around 11am) and 30 minutes to an hour before the park closes. All the other less popular rides should be walk on's

How busy is Towers at the moment? I'm thinking of going Monday next week and presume it won't be too busy as most of the school trips won't have started by then?
Even if school trips have started (which I'm assuming not many will have started, but there may be one or two), you will still get a few really quiet hours at the park, since most trips tend to arrive late, and then leave early. Don't think trips will have started yet, there's still a while left of school term and they normally don't start (at my school at least) until all exams are over.

School/sixth form/student trips have started.
Lots of schools are booking earlier to avoid the packed out weeks in July.
Blackpool and lightwater have been busier this last week or so with the coach parks half full.
Ride times for A.T. are busy today,
there goes the off peak for the summer.

If a kid needs to accompanied onto a ride with an adult because of their height... Does this has to be one adult to one child ratio ?

So basically one parent couldn't take two children on a ride.

Thanks

School/sixth form/student trips have started.
Lots of schools are booking earlier to avoid the packed out weeks in July.
Blackpool and lightwater have been busier this last week or so with the coach parks half full.
Ride times for A.T. are busy today,
there goes the off peak for the summer.

I'm back from a two day break at Alton Towers. Yes there are school trips, but these are mainly from Scotland as they break up earlier than England for the summer hols. The park was still quiet. What was annoying was that both Nemesis and Rita was running on one train only which inflated the queue times for these rides. Galatica was also running on single station and queue times was pretty much normal for what it has been all season.

Other than that, everything else was pretty much walk on.

What a difference a day makes. Looking at today's ride's time web page, queues waiting times are certainly longer than the last two days.

Is Rita and Nemesis back on two trains today or are they both still on the one?

i'm going to AT a week tomorrow (2nd July), am not sure wether to go on Thirteen or not, because of the drop section. i've seen a video of it, and the second bit (big plunge) looks fine, and smooth, but i'm not sure about the first bit (short jolt). my question is, how violent is that first jolt?
thanks.

Last edited:
It's not really a jolt, and it's not rough or violent!

It's hard to explain so you'll just have to ride it and find out for yourself ;)

Th13teen is not rough or painfully at all. I Brace slightly for the small drop (not because it's painful, but because loud bangs scare me). The outdoor section is fun, but a little short. Definitely worth doing if you haven't before.

thanks, everyone! i'll let you know if i went on it or not, and Oblivion, which I'm also thinking of trying if i feel brave enough!

Oblivion is terrifying (that's it's whole point) but the drop is fine for me, because you are facing down, so I don't get that "gut lurch" that drop towers give. Definately don't miss out on it!

And make sure you breath in before they ram the restraints closed. You need a bit of play and falling out your seat as you go over the edge :)

thanks, everyone! i'll let you know if i went on it or not, and Oblivion, which I'm also thinking of trying if i feel brave enough!
Trust me. I hate tension on rides (for that reason, I've always hated drop rides though I'm getting over it after doing apocalypse a few times - nothing can be worse). The first time on oblivion is terrifying, but its never as scary again. Just try and do it once, it's not as bad as it looks.

For me now, the scariest part of oblivion is that queue line. The ride can be walk on, yet your walking up that hill for ages. I wouldn't wait more than 10 minutes (it's much quieter at the end of the day or during early ride time) :)

again, thanks everyone! I'll let you know if i ride it. it really depends on how I'm feeling, and I'll watch a shuttle go around, and try the test seat. it also depends on whether anyone else in my group wants to ride it, as well.
the thing that worries me most about riding Oblivion is the possibility of it making me throw up.

he possibility of it making me throw up.
I wouldn't worry too much about that. It's not really one of those rides. The ride is essentially 4 seconds long with a minute long lift hill and a ten minute wait on the break run (just hope it's dual loading). I've never seen people throw up on the ride. The only possibility of that happening is if the fear and tension of the ride gets to you.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.