• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I've bought a new MAP using tesco vouchers, and need to collect my pass before the meet on Saturday. Does anyone know if I can do this at ATH if I arrive early? I want to upgrade to a Premium pass too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what are the bar prices like in the hotels?

reading reviews quite a lot of them mention very expensive bar prices so its kind of putting me off booking

not that i have a drink problem or anything:D
The blackcurrant squash is very well priced, in my opinion. Especially with MAP discount. :tearsofjoy:

what are the bar prices like in the hotels?

reading reviews quite a lot of them mention very expensive bar prices so its kind of putting me off booking

not that i have a drink problem or anything:D

If you live in London you'll think they are average, if used to prices outside of London they seem a little more expensive. About £4.50 a pint if I remember right.

I've bought a new MAP using tesco vouchers, and need to collect my pass before the meet on Saturday. Does anyone know if I can do this at ATH if I arrive early? I want to upgrade to a Premium pass too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I'm aware, you need to take your Tesco voucher to the ticket collection point just on the Left of the turnstiles to gain a ticket for entry, you might want to email or message Alton towers regarding this to make sure. Then take your voucher to the box office to exchange for your MAP. I usually leave exchanging my voucher for the MAP later on in the day to make the most of the early ride when the park is quieter, but don'r forget to exchange it before the box office closes/or before you leave. I usually get our MAP at the guest services box office opposite Rita, it is usually quieter there than the main box office ;)

I would also add, don't worry about Fast-track if the queues are under half an hour or even an hour, you will still get on everything. I've never bought Fastrack and never had a bad day.

Thanks for the info! We are from the states so only get to this park about once every 5-6 years (the last trip was pre-Thirteen). Therefore, I definitely want to make the best use of our time even if we have to pay for the fasttrack tickets. I guess we'll spring for them if queues are 30 minutes or more. The thing that is tough about Alton Towers is the limited operating hours. We are used to parks being open 12 hours, so one or two longer waits are somewhat tolerable. However, a 1 hour wait at Alton seems to kill so much of the day! Bummed that they no longer have single rider queue at Nemesis too :-(

I do have one other question regarding the closing times. Does Alton cut all queues exactly at closing time or before? For example, can you get in any queue right up until closing even if there is a posted 30 minute wait?

Last edited:
It's just the queues that close at park close times so you can get in the queues right before closing regardless of the waiting time! From my experiences they are quite strict with the times though so I wouldn't leave it minutes till the end just in case :)

Don't forget that the queue line goes down quicker after they close the queue line at the end of the day than what you would normally expect during the day. This is because of several factors, not only do the staff want to get home, but you also have no single riders, no fast track and no disable riders merging with the main queue.

Going on Nemesis for the first time tomorrow, Any tips with riding, never riden a ride with OSTR's before but I have done Galactica and TH13TEEN.

I can only back up with what jon81uk has said.

If you have done Galatica, then you be fine with Nemesis. There is nothing to be afraid of OTSR, you will be more secured in these as oppose to lap bars. I can strongly recommend queuing for the front row seats on Nemesis.

Enjoy and have a great day :D

Thanks for the reply's

£4.50 isn't too bad if that's the price before my MAP discount!
I don't know what the rest on the country is like but £4 + a pint is pretty normal prices where I live. I actually found drinking in ATH with MAP discount CHEAPER than any local boozer near my house. I thought a sub £3.50 pint outside of a whetherspoons was unheard of these days???

I don't know what the rest on the country is like but £4 + a pint is pretty normal prices where I live. I actually found drinking in ATH with MAP discount CHEAPER than any local boozer near my house. I thought a sub £3.50 pint outside of a whetherspoons was unheard of these days???
To be honest Its very rare I go out drinking these days

Other than a couple of gigs a year or at the football Its butlins/haven so £4.50 sounds about right

When I read reviews saying extortionate I was fearing a lot more than what it is

Is Rollercoaster Restaurant open usually after park close? Looking at going after 4PM on Tuesday.

I know it's advertised as open late but have seen it closed in the evening from time to time.

If stupid question; please ignore.

Is Rollercoaster Restaurant open usually after park close? Looking at going after 4PM on Tuesday.

I know it's advertised as open late but have seen it closed in the evening from time to time.

If stupid question; please ignore.

It should be open yes but you might have to pre-book.

:)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.