• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
You can have some fun posses when you know where the cameras are

14650472_1061433283971411_8291406758095098288_n.jpg

14680761_1061433367304736_8998386930134005496_n.jpg

14717255_1073975922717147_4433751069972474179_n.jpg

Not sure if there's a thread for this already so correct me if there is,

If you were to stay bed and breakfast at a hotel outside of Alton towers resort, where would it be? Looking to book a stay and don't fancy paying the price of ATH
Chained Oak is very good and you can leave your car there and walk to the park and avoid the parking fee too. They serve an excellent breakfast. Also nice for a walk in the woods to see the Oak too. It's about £90-£100 a night depending how many in a room.

Although depending on dates, we've got Splash Landings for £110-120 which is a slightly shorter walk to the park if you use the monorail. But the Chained Oak is maybe a little nicer (breakfast is probably nicer anyway!)

Chained oak is amazing. We went a few scarefest back. Didn't allow food in rooms. But kept the dining room open in the house so we could eat take away.provided plates and cutlery. Said to leave them washing up. Even lend you the living room to watch DVDs. Hosts amazing. Rooms are spot on size. Comfort cleanliness.

Does anyone know if towers does work experience, or maybe any other smaller parks in the midlands?
I believe the only thing they do is placements for students at university studying Travel and Tourism type courses where you are in each main department (rides, f+b, hotels etc) for two weeks at a time.

However work experience I'm not sure, may be possible they do a similar thing.

I believe the only thing they do is placements for students at university studying Travel and Tourism type courses where you are in each main department (rides, f+b, hotels etc) for two weeks at a time.

However work experience I'm not sure, may be possible they do a similar thing.

I believe they do work experience etc for local schools but dependant on what your after, there is a lot of training involved so a weeks work exp will just be cleaning I would assume

can I ask 3 questions?

1)How busy does it get on opening day?

2)Is there ERT on the first day?

3)My daughter and me have MAPS, but if she takes a mate with a share the fun voucher can she get in for ERT too as our guest?

Can anyone answer?

can I ask 3 questions?

1)How busy does it get on opening day?

2)Is there ERT on the first day?

3)My daughter and me have MAPS, but if she takes a mate with a share the fun voucher can she get in for ERT too as our guest?

Can anyone answer?

1. I can't imagine it will be that busy this year.

2. Yes there is.

3. I'm not sure about that, I think it should be okay but I've never tried myself. Might be best asking Alton Towers themselves for clarification though.

:)

Hiya Alton Towers experts! It has been about six years since visiting AT and had a few quick questions for the pros. We are visiting the park on Sunday April 9.

1. Do the Fast Track tickets actually ever sell out at the park? Or is it necessary to purchase them in advance? I would hate to buy them to find relatively short queues (20 minutes or less), but I have no idea what Sunday crowds are like in April. I would prefer waiting to get to the park to judge on that day, but don't want them to sell out either! :)

2. Standard Vs. Express Parking: Is it worth the extra cash for the express parking? This seems like one of the few parks where the standard parking lot is a ridiculous walk to the entrance. I bought our tickets in advance on the AT website so want to be there for the early admission. What time does the monorail start running? I would probably prefer the express lot for convenience but I saw a few reviews where folks waiting forever getting into and out of the express lot.

3. What ride is best to wait in the standard queue at the official park opening at 10? If we did get fast track tickets, we would probably not use them until after Noon when the park is busiest.

Thanks in advance for any of your help!

Hiya Alton Towers experts! It has been about six years since visiting AT and had a few quick questions for the pros. We are visiting the park on Sunday April 9.

1. Do the Fast Track tickets actually ever sell out at the park? Or is it necessary to purchase them in advance? I would hate to buy them to find relatively short queues (20 minutes or less), but I have no idea what Sunday crowds are like in April. I would prefer waiting to get to the park to judge on that day, but don't want them to sell out either! :)

2. Standard Vs. Express Parking: Is it worth the extra cash for the express parking? This seems like one of the few parks where the standard parking lot is a ridiculous walk to the entrance. I bought our tickets in advance on the AT website so want to be there for the early admission. What time does the monorail start running? I would probably prefer the express lot for convenience but I saw a few reviews where folks waiting forever getting into and out of the express lot.

3. What ride is best to wait in the standard queue at the official park opening at 10? If we did get fast track tickets, we would probably not use them until after Noon when the park is busiest.

Thanks in advance for any of your help!

Hey!

1. Not really and Not really, They sell them throughout the day at the box office and occasionally at the units in Forbidden Valley and Thirteen so there is always places to get them. As long as you don't leave getting them too late!

2. Depends if you mind waiting for the monorail or walking to the park. Monorail runs at 8:30am so you will be fine to get the monorail in the morning. To get into Express parking there is one barrier to get in but not sure about the difficulty in getting out.

3. The Smiler is the most popular ride so probably best to get in that before it gets too busy.

what are the bar prices like in the hotels?

reading reviews quite a lot of them mention very expensive bar prices so its kind of putting me off booking

not that i have a drink problem or anything:D

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.