• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Check out this thread for any current deals and also check the T&C's to see if they are valid on the Scarefest events. Look out for the Carex hand cleanser promotional packs, again check out the T&C's to see if they are valid for the Scarefest

https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/offers-deals-and-vouchers.1513/

Don't forget the park is only open on the Monday and Tuesday of that week and reopens on the Saturday and Sunday for the end of the season firework weekend

@boydie86 There are a good number of BOGOFs and half price vouchers knocking around. That'll be slightly cheaper given the gate price is £54.

It also allows you to keep your options open in terms of when you visit if you're able to pick based on weather.

Keep in mind the park is only open Monday and Tuesday that week.

Heya, I was planning on going to Alton towers on the week commencing the 30th of October. I was wondering if theres any way of getting tickets cheaper than the usual prices? I saw that on the website you can get advance tickets for roughly 30 pounds, is there any way to get tickets for cheaper or is this the best option?
Thanks
Buy Carex soap... https://www.carex.co.uk/merlin

And it looks like Carex promotion are valid for the Scarefest entry

I also believe you need to purchase one bottle per person entering the park (I also hear that you need to bring the whole bottle (full or empty) not just the label)

And it looks like Carex promotion are valid for the Scarefest entry

I also believe you need to purchase one bottle per person entering the park (I also hear that you need to bring the whole bottle (full or empty) not just the label)

I'd like to see them turning people away who haven't had the good sense to schlepp a soap dispenser to their day out at a theme park.

How busy is it likely to be tomorrow? Half tempted to drive up after work around 4ish (I'm about 40 miles away) to get my fix of rides in the dark. Got my annual pass so I presume it doesn't matter how late I turn up and hoping it might be quieter with it being a Monday/people back at work/school?

How busy is it likely to be tomorrow? Half tempted to drive up after work around 4ish (I'm about 40 miles away) to get my fix of rides in the dark. Got my annual pass so I presume it doesn't matter how late I turn up and hoping it might be quieter with it being a Monday/people back at work/school?

Judging by the recent queue times, I do have a bad feeling about this. I'm on park today and tomorrow (Mon/Tue). Some kids are still off school in some areas, inset days, parents pulling kids out of school due to pulling a sticky and every one else have the same idea expecting the park to be quiet thinking kids will be back at school. I was surprised how busy the queue times were yesterday for a Sunday. Despite all the trouble, I'm now glad that I did the travellers day :)

We will soon find out later on today

I’m having a major panic after seeing all the posts on the alton towers Facebook page over the weekend. How busy the park was and apparently unable to cope?!

We’ve never been at a peak time so I’m quite nervous.

So we’ve got tickets for Sunday. Plan is to get there for opening and get CBeebies land out of the way first. Then we can relax a bit. I have made a reservation for dinner at the CBeebies hotel at 4.30 so we would leave and come back in. Is that sensible? Will we get back in??

Would I be better to make lunch reservation instead, leave park around 1ish and back in for 3 at the latest?

Any other tips for getting a 5 year old and a 8 month old through this as easily as possible??

Thank you!

In theory as long as you get a hand stamp you will get back in. But I would double check in person before leaving that hat guarantee will definitely work. Also just don’t forget you want to be on the lawn at 6:30-6:45 ready for fireworks at 7pm. Towers Street will be crowded as a lot of people don’t want to move down onto the grass, so allow time to move through crowds and find a space to watch fireworks.
Finally don’t forget you can’t get into the CBeebies restaurant unless you are staying in the CBeebies Hotel.

With all this talk of the park probably being at full capacity this weekend, I was wondering, how do they determine what the maximum capacity for the park is? Is it done on people per sq metre of land? Do they follow similar rules as for public buildings?

I would guess it's a combination of many things, including how quickly the whole park could be evacuated if it had to be?

In theory as long as you get a hand stamp you will get back in. But I would double check in person before leaving that hat guarantee will definitely work...

Thanks Jon. We are staying in the CBeebies hotel so at least that bits ok! Will change to a lunch reservation or perhaps just stay on park all day... can’t decide!

With all this talk of the park probably being at full capacity this weekend, I was wondering, how do they determine what the maximum capacity for the park is? Is it done on people per sq metre of land? Do they follow similar rules as for public buildings?
Somebody asked this on Facebook over the weekend and Towers said they don't give a number but somewhere between 25k-30k :oops:

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.