• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I am sure the debate on capacity number was held in last years firework thread

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Somebody asked this on Facebook over the weekend and Towers said they don't give a number but somewhere between 25k-30k :oops:
That's fair enough but how do they arrive at whatever figure they use? I mean with buildings its floor space and number of fire exits that determine capacity (I guess) but with a huge theme park like AT surely there has to be additonal factors they use to calculate it?

That's fair enough but how do they arrive at whatever figure they use? I mean with buildings its floor space and number of fire exits that determine capacity (I guess) but with a huge theme park like AT surely there has to be additonal factors they use to calculate it?
They know a theoretical ride capacity and how fast they can serve food. Didnt they a few years ago host a police emergency response drill?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I was told by a staff member that the capacity last year was 29,000 but this year has gone down to 27,000 due to the CBBC hotel

I can't understand why a hotel would bring capacity down but that's what he said

This will have nothing to do with floor space or heads per sqft. AT is a massive park. I would imagine the two main reasons for it being so low would be guests per staffing head and reduced ride capacity meaning higher concentrations of guests in one place.

The capacity of each ride and queue line needs to be considered for evacuation purposes. Let too many people in and you have larger, more concentrated crowds backing out of queue lines. Queue lines are designed to hold guests in an orderly manner where as large groups in plazas and ride entrances could block emergency access routes and are harder to manage crowds.

There will likely be a certain amount of staff Fire/Emergency wardens and per certain amount of guests as part of evacuation procedures.

You also have liability insurance. If the park has set out clear emergency and evacuation procedures based on the maximum amount of guests it feels it is likely to have, amount of first aiders and fire wardens it expects to have on site at any one time and how this would work in the event of an emergency - then the park is likely insured to the effect.

How would I go about getting a MAP by the 6th of April?

I want to avoid going to AT between opening day and the 6th if possible!

How would I go about getting a MAP by the 6th of April?

I want to avoid going to AT between opening day and the 6th if possible!

Buy online and get them to post it to you.

Bear in mind that if you get them to post it out the start/expiry date is the date you buy the MAP, not the date of first use/collection.

If you time it right you could buy one in February (the sale ended 15th last year), and have it delivered by around the 20th.

That is assuming they do post them out, iirc only certain places do.

Also some of the theme parks opened up for early collections, iirc Thorpe and Chessington did last year, although we waited until June before collecting ours (renewed in Jan sale)

Remember if you chose to collect it from a sealife or another midway that will be your 'home' attraction and if there's any issues with the card or you lose it you'll have to go back to that attraction.

Last year I bought in January, didn't go to Towers until May. So I got sale prices, went in to Towers for the day, picked up the pass on the way out. So I have a pass bought last winter that will get me in to Towers and SW8 for the first couple of months of 2018 season. Perfect as I'm not renewing.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.