• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions

Heavy winds are forecast. How does this effect Blackpool's attractions? I'm presuming Big One will be out of the question?
Yeah if it's really windy I'd expect Big One and Flying Machines to definitely be shut, and maybe Ice Blast and Infusion too.

@Matt.GC . Went on Sun 14th Nov and the place was dead (big queue to get in thou). Managed to get all 9 roller coaster done in about 2hrs even thou everything was on 1 train and waited 15+mins for Avalanche to be repaired.

Icon had longest queue but never exceeded the buildings exterior at its longest. Also the front row queue was at worse an additional train wait. Big One, Revolution & Infusion were walk on or wait in the air gates for train to return. Worse queues were Steeplechase, Big Dipper and any family orientated flat rides. Last 20mins of opening we managed to get on Big One, then Infusion (nephews fav ride, sorry) and get into Icons queue with 5mins to spare :D.

I was skeptical about weekends as well, but took the gamble that in Nov not many would venture out to the coast on a Sunday during term time. Otherwise, Unless I have an annual pass, no way am I going on a weekend normally!

Extra tip. Don't take food, they don't allow you into the park if you have pack lunch with you :mad:.

Last edited:
Rumours from a distant tyke that the Big One will be closed for the rest of the season anyway, but no chance this weekend.
Poor weather forecast, so expect the place to be deader than dead.

Last day of the Christmas event is Sunday 2nd January 2022, note that the market and grotto do not operate after 23rd December.
(although some would say this is closed season as much of the park is closed and maintenance work is ongoing).

Thanks for replying. It just seemed very ood to me that they haven't closed yet this year.
I would've guessed that they'd only last a week or 2.

Thinking of heading to the Waterpark next month as a post Christmas treat - don't suppose anyone knows roughly when they update the opening times? They currently just go up to new years.

Ground level is tricky as the actual ground was on a steep slope to begin with...then the mound was created to deal with all the spoil from the big hole, so actual ground level...who knows.

The tracks used are both from a production music album released in 1995 by Mark Russell. The main theme is called "The Adventure Begins" - also the track "Over the Moon" was used at the time too. You can find the album here. :)
I don't think that is entirely accurate because there's a big chunk in the middle of the song that doesn't appear on this album. I think these are essentially excerpts from the full song used in Katanga Canyon. It was mentioned somewhere although I don't remember where, that the full version was released in 1988 although I can find very little info. There was a BBC radio show involved in the 90s featuring Batman, Superman and others and I think this was the Superman theme at one point. I did find recordings of those but I couldn't find this song although there were definitely other tracks from ATMOS71 in there.

I don't think that is entirely accurate because there's a big chunk in the middle of the song that doesn't appear on this album. I think these are essentially excerpts from the full song used in Katanga Canyon. It was mentioned somewhere although I don't remember where, that the full version was released in 1988 although I can find very little info. There was a BBC radio show involved in the 90s featuring Batman, Superman and others and I think this was the Superman theme at one point. I did find recordings of those but I couldn't find this song although there were definitely other tracks from ATMOS71 in there.

Which middle bits are you referring to? Any links? I find this whole thing very intriguing ever since I heard an incredibly similar track play in The Imagineering Story.

Which middle bits are you referring to? Any links? I find this whole thing very intriguing ever since I heard an incredibly similar track play in The Imagineering Story.
You can find the full almost 6 minutes of song on YouTube although not in the best quality. It definitely seems to be a different arrangement rather than a cut job. Notice how it reprises the main melody again at the end.