• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions

Am looking at getting an Imagic photo pass for next week. I know you pay after adding your first photo but can you pay by cash at a photo kiosk? Or can you only pay digitally on your phone?

Am looking at getting an Imagic photo pass for next week. I know you pay after adding your first photo but can you pay by cash at a photo kiosk? Or can you only pay digitally on your phone?
I'd imagine so everytime I've done it is the staff at the entrance selling them and I pay by card they just give you a qr code and put your phone number in.

I'd imagine the photo kiosk take cash though

I'd imagine so everytime I've done it is the staff at the entrance selling them and I pay by card they just give you a qr code and put your phone number in.

I'd imagine the photo kiosk take cash though
Thanks. I've discovered that it can be purchased o the website and payment is straight away. Does the wristband you get with that work in a similar way?

Thanks. I've discovered that it can be purchased o the website and payment is straight away. Does the wristband you get with that work in a similar way?
I’ve never used the new system, but the photo people are based in the box office. So you could always go there first thing and I’m sure they’ll take cash there.

I’ve never used the new system, but the photo people are based in the box office. So you could always go there first thing and I’m sure they’ll take cash there.
I'm definitely getting one and will buy it on-park with cash. I'll go to the Box Office if it's quiet, but where else can I purchase it?

Wondering if anyone knows if the best tactic for hitting all the rides is still heading right to the back of the park (eg 13/Rita) and then going forwards?

Tried that year during scarefest and had no problems at all, but was wondering if there's any rides in particular that are hard to get onto or prone to shutting down a lot this year?

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone knows if the best tactic for hitting all the rides is still heading right to the back of the park (eg 13/Rita) and then going forwards?

Tried that year during scarefest and had no problems at all, but was wondering if there's any rides in particular that are hard to get onto or prone to shutting down a lot this year?

From my (admittedly limited) recent experiences, both 13 and Rita seem to struggle opening on time, which can lead to a wasted opportunity early on. If all opens on time though its still my preferred tactic.

I always try and get to The Smiler no later than 0930 to ensure I’m on the first few trains, but that relies on the ride opening at 10am. Then I head over to Dark Forest to do Rita and Thirteen which can build up nasty queues from 11 onwards. Then over to FV at 11ish, work my way back through KC to do RMT and CRR. Lunch at pizza pasta, let the food go down in the queue for Wickerman and then I usually fast track oblivion because my wife refuses to ride it 🙂

You used to be able to years back, but not sure if it’s possible any where.

Sure you can also buy them at kiosks around the park, as you can buy fastrack there and it’s all the same till system. So the likes of wicker man/smiler shop, and the kiosk near the towers and goal striker.
They're also available from the app as well.

Hi all just got a question I wasn’t sure about. I will be getting some alton towers e-codes through work. These are the same ones that can be used for the general season usually but they apparently have an expiry date of 31/12/2022. Does anyone know whether these can usually be used for the Christmas event as if not they’ll effectively be useless? I know it may potentially depend on the exact voucher type and T&Cs (which I don’t have at this point) so no worries if we can’t be sure, but I was just wondering if anyone had a general idea on this. :)