• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions

Hi all just got a question I wasn’t sure about. I will be getting some alton towers e-codes through work. These are the same ones that can be used for the general season usually but they apparently have an expiry date of 31/12/2022. Does anyone know whether these can usually be used for the Christmas event as if not they’ll effectively be useless? I know it may potentially depend on the exact voucher type and T&Cs (which I don’t have at this point) so no worries if we can’t be sure, but I was just wondering if anyone had a general idea on this. :)
When you say e-codes, do you mean these are for free entry or discounted entry? As you said, you really need to check the T+Cs of the voucher or try a dummy booking (run through the booking process without fully checking out) to know for definite as to whether they're accepted. I do know my own discounted entry options for my employer are still available over Christmas though.

When you say e-codes, do you mean these are for free entry or discounted entry? As you said, you really need to check the T+Cs of the voucher or try a dummy booking (run through the booking process without fully checking out) to know for definite as to whether they're accepted. I do know my own discounted entry options for my employer are still available over Christmas though.
Only risk with doing a dummy run though is most vouchers are single-use only. Even just adding it without checking out would invalidate it.

Only risk with doing a dummy run though is most vouchers are single-use only. Even just adding it without checking out would invalidate it.
Just like booking with a card, they're not debited as "payment" until the booking is fully completed. Had the same with a MAP code a few years back.

These would be for free entry, so to be honest I didn’t expect them to work over the Christmas event. I’ll wait till I receive them and check the T&Cs then, but good to know that there is a possibility that they might work at least. Thank you!

These would be for free entry, so to be honest I didn’t expect them to work over the Christmas event. I’ll wait till I receive them and check the T&Cs then, but good to know that there is a possibility that they might work at least. Thank you!

I would expect it only gets you entry to the small selection of rides though, Lightopia will probably still be an additional cost.
Yes the codes are free but check what you are getting, might need to pay the extra £15 for Lightopia.

Also check what rides are open, the only coaster is Spinball (and Octonauts), most of the rides are CBeebies, plus Gangsta Granny.

We are planning on going to the Christmas event on 23rd December and was wondering what our Silver Passes get us? Do we get the the rides available included? But have to pay extra for Lightopia?

We are planning on going to the Christmas event on 23rd December and was wondering what our Silver Passes get us? Do we get the the rides available included? But have to pay extra for Lightopia?
Yeah you get access to the rides and market for free and you can add Lightopia for just £15.

Reactions: Ils
Thanks for confirming as just watching TPW vlog and they said it was just Platinum Pass holders that got the free access to the rides.
I think it applies to passholders as it doesn't say anything on the website.

Has anyone been to Alton Towers this weekend and if so, how has the park been coping with this horrid weather?
We popped there today, they hadn't been affected by snow (the heavy stuff has been pretty localised). The lake was iced up, but they'd gritted areas well and there were no issues out of the ordinary (the usual small bouts of downtime on Spinball!)

Good Afternoon,
I want to see if anyone can help me.

I have ordered a Resin model from the AT Online store, however it has arrived broken.

I Have emailed [email protected] a few times now but to no avail!
Typically, it is a Xmas present !

Has anyone got a phone number or a different email address I could use?

Cheers as Always
Charlie

Good Afternoon,
I want to see if anyone can help me.

I have ordered a Resin model from the AT Online store, however it has arrived broken.

I Have emailed [email protected] a few times now but to no avail!
Typically, it is a Xmas present !

Has anyone got a phone number or a different email address I could use?

Cheers as Always
Charlie
Hi Charlie, you can either use the live chat here https://support.altontowers.com/hc/en-us (the button on the right-hand side- type "real human" to be connected to an agent) or the general phone number is 01538 70 4096. 🙂

I'm 99% sure that you can't but thought I'd ask on the off chance but you can't book rooms under the merlin holiday club for your friends can you.

For example I booked 2 rooms under holiday club 1 of those rooms being for my friend without map I guess that's a no no

I'm 99% sure that you can't but thought I'd ask on the off chance but you can't book rooms under the merlin holiday club for your friends can you.

For example I booked 2 rooms under holiday club 1 of those rooms being for my friend without map I guess that's a no no
It’s probably a no no, however I’ve never once been asked to show my MAP when checking in, and since it’s gone to self service check in I don’t think they even care anymore

It’s probably a no no, however I’ve never once been asked to show my MAP when checking in, and since it’s gone to self service check in I don’t think they even care anymore
Yeah I've never been checked but don't wanna risk anything as my friend is coming all the way from Scotland