• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions

Cadbury only disappeared from the park as Merlin signed a deal with Nestle. Now that Cadbury are back as sponsors/suppliers, I can't imagine why cross-promotion wouldn't begin again, nor can I see why Mondolez would be unwilling to hawk the brand wherever and as visibly as possible?

Undoubtedly owing to my nineties childhood visiting the park and the anticipation of a visit to the Chocolate House, but Cadbury always felt right for Alton Towers, in a way that Nestle didn't. Although, hardly a dealbreaker in the grand scheme of things.
There's currently a combo ticket which includes Warwick castle and csdburys world which is a start!

Has anyone been on the Alton Towers Dungeons and is it work the price? I would like to do it but have a strong sense of smell, are the smells bad inside?

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone been on the Alton Towers Dungeons and is it work the price? I would like to do it but have a strong sense of smell, are the smells bad inside?
The one at Warwick castle was worth it, never bothered with the towers one if you've never done one before though prepare for humiliation.

If you have never done a Merlin Dungeons attraction before and if you feel you can spare an hour out of your park day then yes by all means give it a go. Otherwise I wouldn’t bother.

Express Parking - there is literally no availability through 2023 - is this because it is too early to book or is not operational this year (or just booked up already???)

Express Parking - there is literally no availability through 2023 - is this because it is too early to book or is not operational this year (or just booked up already???)

It won’t have opened for booking yet, though I have no clear idea why anyone would pay for it.

Dodgy knees that are not yet actually blue badge worthy, and a nice spot for a quality picnic to avoid the very dodgy, overpriced, poor quality food.
Pays for itself.
All of this - taking 3 kids means can eat some decent picnic food and not Aramark nastiness at £10 x 4 - plus saves 40 odd mins in the day and less whinging - £12 well spent - oh and not having to queue for the best part of an hour to get out of the car park at end of the day

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but; extending upon a point made in the Galactica thread earlier, does anyone know whether Alton Towers still provides paper maps?

I could have sworn I got one for the collection last year, but I could have completely imagined that, come to think of it… the last time I know I got a new one was in 2019.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but; extending upon a point made in the Galactica thread earlier, does anyone know whether Alton Towers still provides paper maps?

I could have sworn I got one for the collection last year, but I could have completely imagined that, come to think of it… the last time I know I got a new one was in 2019.
Pretty sure one year if not two Matt...should bring the geeks out of the woodwork to crawl into the new season.
As an old duffer with no mobile, I got completely lost around the park on my last visit.
Merlin want you to pay for your souvenirs, not get freebies.
Pay for your own ink and paper if you want a hard copy.

Pretty sure one year if not two Matt...should bring the geeks out of the woodwork to crawl into the new season.
As an old duffer with no mobile, I got completely lost around the park on my last visit.
I remember they suspended them during COVID, but I wasn’t sure if they’d returned following the social distancing guidance being abolished, as I did get a new one at fellow Merlin park Legoland in 2021.

Clearly they didn’t bring them back, and I completely imagined getting a new map in 2022; cheers, Rob!

I know they’re probably quite useless for most in this day and age (other than for those who don’t have a mobile phone, of course), but as someone who collects them, I am a little sad to see the paper map meeting its end within the UK Merlin parks… on the plus side, I still got a good paper map from Europa Park last year, and I’m hoping for some possible paper maps when I go to Florida this year!

I can completely understand why they have done away with paper maps, they had to pay to design and print them - then pay to have them taken away when most guests would chuck them in the bin on the way out - or worse, chuck them on the floor.

Now there is a free alternative in the form of the app it makes sense to go with that. Especially as that gives the park something a paper map never did - data. They can now easily analyse guest flow using the data collected from the app.

Having said all of that, a paid for souvenir map for those that still want something to take home would be a nice option.

I think I said this in another thread a while back, but if I was AT I would definitely produce a regular sized 'souvenir map'. Charge £1 to £2 for it and have the map on one side and then a picture of Nemesis or The Smiler or whatever on the other side (so that it folds out into a little poster). Change the featured ride each year. Literally printing money and works for everyone.

No Towers haven’t done maps since 2020, and that year they all went in the bin as the park opened without Walliams.

They have done some leaflets for some of the events since covid however, some of the other Merlin parks have done maps since covid though.