• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions

Hi folks.

Without getting into a debate about whether or not lockdown round two will be extended beyond 2nd December(!), assuming the Christmas event goes ahead are you not able to visit without being booked on the Santa Sleepover packages?

My friend and I would like to visit for two days but stay off-site; one day in the park (in particular I'd like to do the new Garden Lights Walk) and another day in the Water Park and Extraordinary Golf. It seems you can't book theme park tickets that day (or Annual Pass holder prebooks) and the Water Park is showing as Hotel guests only?

Slightly reluctant to pay upwards of £250 when the Uttoxeter Premier Inn is £30 on the day I'd like to go.

Thanks!

As it stands at the moment, nothing has been announced in terms of day guests being able to visit over the Christmas event. There was what some assumed was a hint that it would open as it was specified the Garden Lights Walk would be open exclusively for hotel guests. That had people presume that there was a potential for the park to open during the day for others, as only the lights walk was specified as exclusive. However take that with a pinch of salt as nothing whatsoever has been mentioned aside from that.

My own personal hunch would be any day guest entry is unlikely to happen even if it was planned due to the uncertainty about the restrictions that would be in place. The Water Park will 100% be hotel guests only due to capacity, this has been the case for previous events even without the pandemic going on.

Hi folks.

Without getting into a debate about whether or not lockdown round two will be extended beyond 2nd December(!), assuming the Christmas event goes ahead are you not able to visit without being booked on the Santa Sleepover packages?

My friend and I would like to visit for two days but stay off-site; one day in the park (in particular I'd like to do the new Garden Lights Walk) and another day in the Water Park and Extraordinary Golf. It seems you can't book theme park tickets that day (or Annual Pass holder prebooks) and the Water Park is showing as Hotel guests only?

Slightly reluctant to pay upwards of £250 when the Uttoxeter Premier Inn is £30 on the day I'd like to go.

Thanks!

They haven't offered day guest or annual/season pass entry for winter weekends for years.

I really don't think they want annual passholders without a hotel booking as they won't make any money from those guests, its just extra bodies in the park.

With the limited ride selection, limited capacity of Santa's grotto and now covid limiting the waterpark capacity I don't see this changing.
Previously you might have been able to do the water park and golf as day guests in the winter and the waterpark will probably be open for everyone on weekdays, its mainly weekends with the Santa Sleepover events/

As it stands at the moment, nothing has been announced in terms of day guests being able to visit over the Christmas event. There was what some assumed was a hint that it would open as it was specified the Garden Lights Walk would be open exclusively for hotel guests. That had people presume that there was a potential for the park to open during the day for others, as only the lights walk was specified as exclusive. However take that with a pinch of salt as nothing whatsoever has been mentioned aside from that.

My own personal hunch would be any day guest entry is unlikely to happen even if it was planned due to the uncertainty about the restrictions that would be in place. The Water Park will 100% be hotel guests only due to capacity, this has been the case for previous events even without the pandemic going on.

They haven't offered day guest or annual/season pass entry for winter weekends for years.

I really don't think they want annual passholders without a hotel booking as they won't make any money from those guests, its just extra bodies in the park.

With the limited ride selection, limited capacity of Santa's grotto and now covid limiting the waterpark capacity I don't see this changing.
Previously you might have been able to do the water park and golf as day guests in the winter and the waterpark will probably be open for everyone on weekdays, its mainly weekends with the Santa Sleepover events/

Thanks for your responses folks. I must admit I've never really looked into the winter packages until this year so I had no idea they were only available for hotel guests or packages.

Fortunately I've found a weeknight where Splash is £183 rather than the £250>> I was originally getting so I'm going to go for that instead. Just have to hope now that we can actually go! Thanks again :)

Kicking off with the first question of 2021, when should I expect 2-day park tickets to become on sale and roughly what will be the price difference compared to a 1-day pass?

Kicking off with the first question of 2021, when should I expect 2-day park tickets to become on sale and roughly what will be the price difference compared to a 1-day pass?
Too early to say, in the last few years you would have just got a season pass if you wanted more than 1 day as they were stupid cheap, now that they are reworking all the passes they might release one when they are more certain about opening but they might not at all.

Too early to say, in the last few years you would have just got a season pass if you wanted more than 1 day as they were stupid cheap, now that they are reworking all the passes they might release one when they are more certain about opening but they might not at all.
Yeah I'll just have to wait and see, but I'm sure they've done 2-day park tickets before.

Hi everyone! I'm going to the park for two days with an overnight stay in the splash landings hotel and since i've never stayed over before I was hoping for some general advice of what to do as I'm not sure what to expect, especially with covid measures at the minute.

Neither of the two of us going can drive so we'll most likely be getting a lift and so should we drive up to the splash landings hotel and go from there? Would we be able to leave our bags somewhere before check in since we can't leave them in the car? (I've seen that this might be a problem earlier in the thread since they're trying to limit baggage handling). Are we just better off keeping them on us? Is the galactica entrance easy to access from there on foot? What sort of process is it to get into the park from there and what's the best time to arrive at that entrance?

Any help is appreciated, as you can probably see I'm a little anxious with what to do :sweatsmile:
Thanks!

Hi everyone! I'm going to the park for two days with an overnight stay in the splash landings hotel and since i've never stayed over before I was hoping for some general advice of what to do as I'm not sure what to expect, especially with covid measures at the minute.

Neither of the two of us going can drive so we'll most likely be getting a lift and so should we drive up to the splash landings hotel and go from there? Would we be able to leave our bags somewhere before check in since we can't leave them in the car? (I've seen that this might be a problem earlier in the thread since they're trying to limit baggage handling). Are we just better off keeping them on us? Is the galactica entrance easy to access from there on foot? What sort of process is it to get into the park from there and what's the best time to arrive at that entrance?

Any help is appreciated, as you can probably see I'm a little anxious with what to do :sweatsmile:
Thanks!

You can leave your bags with a member of staff at reception and they'll pop them to the porter's room to the left of the reception desk. :)

The Galactica gate is a short relatively straightforward walk from Splash Landings, although it typically isn't open to park guests until the end of the day as an exit (although last year, it was).

If it is open, you'll be given a wristband at some point prior to checking in (they were handing these out during the temperature checks in the car park last year when we tried), and can use these to enter via the Galactica gate if it's open.

You can leave your bags with a member of staff at reception and they'll pop them to the porter's room to the left of the reception desk. :)

The Galactica gate is a short relatively straightforward walk from Splash Landings, although it typically isn't open to park guests until the end of the day as an exit (although last year, it was).

If it is open, you'll be given a wristband at some point prior to checking in (they were handing these out during the temperature checks in the car park last year when we tried), and can use these to enter via the Galactica gate if it's open.

Thank you for the help! :)

Don't worry on the wristband front if you're not arriving by car either. There's a member of staff at the entrance who checks for wristbands, and if you don't have one will give you a quick temperature check and issue you one :).

Don't worry on the wristband front if you're not arriving by car either. There's a member of staff at the entrance who checks for wristbands, and if you don't have one will give you a quick temperature check and issue you one :).

Thank you! What's the earliest we'll be able to get in via that entrance?

Thank you! What's the earliest we'll be able to get in via that entrance?

Sorry I mean hotel entrance for the wristband, so when you arrive to drop your bags off they'll sort that out there at pretty much any time. The wristband is mainly to confirm you've been temperature checked for entrance to the hotel, but can also be used for the Galactica gate entrance, although they may ask for a room card or hotel confirmation too. In terms of Galactica gate, it should be open for park opening, it's later in the day where it sometimes closed early. You have to walk past it either way to the main park entrance, so just carry on if it is shut :)