• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions

Morning folks

Am I missing something on the booking system? A black date is available, greyed out is unavailable....seems fairly simple. I clicked on a black date like tomorrow (Aug 24th) or Thursday (Aug 27th) select the number of tickets, try and add to basket and it says it's sold out? Am I being dim (not entirely unlikely) or just a glitch on the booking system? Am almost at the point of sacking it off and going BPB?!?!? :fearscream:

Thanks

Morning folks

Am I missing something on the booking system? A black date is available, greyed out is unavailable....seems fairly simple. I clicked on a black date like tomorrow (Aug 24th) or Thursday (Aug 27th) select the number of tickets, try and add to basket and it says it's sold out? Am I being dim (not entirely unlikely) or just a glitch on the booking system? Am almost at the point of sacking it off and going BPB?!?!? :fearscream:

Thanks

There seems to be a lag between selling out and the date being greyed out. Essentially if you get that error then it’s sold out, the date will probably turn grey shortly when the calendar ‘catches up’ with reality.

There seems to be a lag between selling out and the date being greyed out. Essentially if you get that error then it’s sold out, the date will probably turn grey shortly when the calendar ‘catches up’ with reality.

Yeah that'd make sense, save for the fact...it's now added Wednesday as an 'available' day where it wasn't before, then go to book it and it's sold out. BPB it is then!! Thanks for your help.

Afternoon. Covid aside, should most schools be back by the 10th September? I’m sure I’ve heard it’s different in each county but I’m just trying to plan a date that’s quiet mid week.

Not had a single visit this season and I’d take a dreary 10-4 quiet day over kids everywhere no offence.

Afternoon. Covid aside, should most schools be back by the 10th September? I’m sure I’ve heard it’s different in each county but I’m just trying to plan a date that’s quiet mid week.
I think schools tend to go back on staggered dates anyway. I went to school in Leicester and we were always back by the end of August, whereas others I know don't return until in to September. I'd imagine a weekday in a couple of weeks' time will be fine.

Most schools go back next week, some northern tykes go back a week later, so the tenth should be good.
Watch out for all those season pass holders with the same idea though!

Thanks guys. The last time I was at the park turned out to be travellers day which was an experience... looks like I’ll be booking the 10th :)

Anyone know whats going on with fireworks? I tweeted them about passholder tickets and they said to wait until they are available. I want to come with people using day tickets and these were available to buy at that time. Now u cant even buy day tickets for it? All 3 dates are greyed out full stop. Has it been cancelled? If its sold out im going to be angry as I couldn’t book them until they released the season pass allocation. Thanks.

Pass holders tickets always seem to be released fairly late on, even pre corona. Bit odd that day tickets have vanished, unless they are planning on changing dates, or the way it works.

Hi everyone. Off to stay at Splash Landings tomorrow for visit to the park on Tues (my 40th birthday!) and a quick question about early entry to the park as I've not done it in 10 years.. I know ERT isn't happening at the moment but figure may as well still get in for 9.30 and join the Smiler queue... I know we get to enter through the Rollercoaster Restaurant but my question is, should we get to the door/entrance before 9.30 if there'll be a queue of all the other hotel guests doing the same, and if so, how early do people start queuing?! I'm only booked for breakfast at 8.30 so can't get there that much before 9.30, but can hurry the family along abit. OR, is it not that much of a scrum and we can just mosey on down AT 9.30 and it'll be fine to get in straight away?
Thanks!

I can’t speak for this season as I haven’t visited yet, but last year they opened the main entrance for non hotel guests before 10am on afew occasions when I was there.

Enjoy your breakfast and go to Thi3teen and Rita first as Thi3teen is very low capacity at the moment.

I’ve not used the hotel entrance, but it says it opens at 9.30, I imagine people will start queuing well before then.

I’ve used the main entrance earlier this season and that was open even before 9am, so the hotel entrance I guess could also open before 9.30. Guess depends how busy the hotels are, as there will only be one or two staff scanning tickets at the hotel entrance compared to the main park entrance.

Booked for Cbeebies hotel for last week of October. Would really like to take my family (there are 4 of us) to the Rollercoaster Restaurant for lunch or dinner one day, but there are no reservations during Scarefest. Anyone have any tips on when to go to minimise queuing time?

Booked for Cbeebies hotel for last week of October. Would really like to take my family (there are 4 of us) to the Rollercoaster Restaurant for lunch or dinner one day, but there are no reservations during Scarefest. Anyone have any tips on when to go to minimise queuing time?

If you are happy with an early lunch then arrive for about 11.45 and get seated at 12noon is what I did at fireworks days. At 1pm the queue was huge for RCR.

If you are happy with an early lunch then arrive for about 11.45 and get seated at 12noon is what I did at fireworks days. At 1pm the queue was huge for RCR.
Thank you, that's super helpful. My kids are quite young, so if they have food in the mouths any later than 12.01pm, they start raising merry hell!!! So queuing at 11.45 definitely works for us :)

Hi, going for my first visit this year on Sunday and hoping to arrive early. I have tickets printed and emails on my phone.

What time are the main gates opening at the moment and how early are entrance queues getting busy?