• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions

Not sure where to post this, whether in quick queries or in here, so I’m so sorry if it’s in the wrong place - please do not hesitate to correct me!!

So long story short, I don’t want to bore anyone by going on about it as I’m sure no one really cares about the inner workings of my knee and I’d hate to go on and on, but I have like one functioning ligament in my knee left due to an injury. Therefore I am obviously eligible for RAP, however due to the nature of my injury, I don’t want to queue for hours in the morning RAP queue at guest services so I’m able to access the RAP queue on rides. However I am equally certain that I will definitely need a RAP due to my knee.

Equally I don’t have a blue badge, but I do have the hard copy of my MRI - can the Towers staff open that up on their computers, check that I’ve indeed got the issues I already do, and give me the RAP? I’d hate to miss out on the RAP benefits and it’s getting me quite stressed out!

Thanks in advance!

Not sure where to post this, whether in quick queries or in here, so I’m so sorry if it’s in the wrong place - please do not hesitate to correct me!!

So long story short, I don’t want to bore anyone by going on about it as I’m sure no one really cares about the inner workings of my knee and I’d hate to go on and on, but I have like one functioning ligament in my knee left due to an injury. Therefore I am obviously eligible for RAP, however due to the nature of my injury, I don’t want to queue for hours in the morning RAP queue at guest services so I’m able to access the RAP queue on rides. However I am equally certain that I will definitely need a RAP due to my knee.

Equally I don’t have a blue badge, but I do have the hard copy of my MRI - can the Towers staff open that up on their computers, check that I’ve indeed got the issues I already do, and give me the RAP? I’d hate to miss out on the RAP benefits and it’s getting me quite stressed out!

Thanks in advance!
If standing for long periods is an issue you can hire a wheelchair.

If he has a genuine injury and requires RAP access then I don't know what the 'problem' you are referring to is. Seems like an ignorant comment to me
I think it’s the fact of referring to getting a “benefit” from RAP. It is meant to give equal access not benefit anyone.
Asking “how can I avoid standing for lkgn periods” is different to “how can I get a benefit”.

Thanks in advance!

You can see the options for documentation required for RAP to be issued here.

I think it’s the fact of referring to getting a “benefit” from RAP. It is meant to give equal access not benefit anyone.
Asking “how can I avoid standing for lkgn periods” is different to “how can I get a benefit”.
This is true but naturally those who have RAP do benefit from shorter queues, that's the whole purpose of it

This is true but naturally those who have RAP do benefit from shorter queues, that's the whole purpose of it
No they don’t if the system is run properly. It allows people who cannot stand or wait in the regular queue line for other reasons to do something else (shop, eat, sit) while waiting out the same wait time as anyone else.
The queue time should be the same not shorter. The location they wait in is different.

@jon81uk is right; contrary to popular opinion, the Ride Access Pass is NOT a free FastTrack. It's primarily intended for easy access (e.g step-free), not timesaving.
I never said it was intended as a free fast track, I was just saying that it ends up being quicker so that's a benefit to those who struggle standing etc

Any idea if typically the dungeons stay open after ride close? Me and my friends just tried the ones at Warwick castle and we're impressed however I couldn't give up my precious ride time for it 😆

Wondering if anyone can help at all.

I’m thinking of going to opening tomorrow and was going to get the Alton Towers gold pass, but just wanted to check. It says the pass is digital now, so if I buy one today online will I be able to use it straight away?

Also it says that pre books are still required for pass holders but I can’t see what availability is like without a pass number. Can anyone confirm that there’s still availability for tomorrow (19th) at the moment? Is the allocation even still different anymore?

Thank you!

I suspect, as others have said, it'll be a case of the park knowing certain rides will still be closed that would ordinarily be crowd-soakers, so as not to screw over everyone's day they've limited capacity.

Ah balls, ninja'd to it!

Hah, it wasn’t when I posted as I checked that day tickets were available but thanks for the heads up!

I’m still curious about if there are separate allocations up for pas holders or not though if anyone is able to help with that?