• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quiz of the Day

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. For a while now, my family and I have partaken in an online quiz, Quiz of the Day, each day. Each morning, we compare scores and answers. I’ve seen threads on this forum for comparing scores on things like Wordle before, so I thought; why not invite TowersStreet to join in the daily quizzing fun?

As the name implies, a new quiz is released each day, and I think that it’s a fun challenge, with a wide variety of different general knowledge questions in it! I’m not necessarily very good at it, but I enjoy the challenge! It’s also multiple choice, so even where you don’t know the answer, you’ve got a 1 in 4 chance of being right!

So if you enjoy quizzes, I’d invite you to give Quiz of the Day a go! If you’d like to play, here’s the link: http://quizoftheday.co.uk/

When I gave today’s quiz, Lucy and Liberty, a go, I got 6/10, which was in the 28th percentile.

My answers, and whether I knew the answer or guessed, were as follows:
  1. I had absolutely no clue. I incorrectly guessed The Clash.
  2. I knew that the Mona Lisa was located in The Louvre.
  3. I had absolutely no clue, and incorrectly guessed Revolver.
  4. I didn’t know this, but had an inkling that it might be Nuclear. I guessed this, and it was correct.
  5. I knew that Escargot was snails.
  6. I thought that Easter Island was in Peru, so I guessed that, but it was incorrect.
  7. I knew that Bill Clinton was first elected in 1992.
  8. I had no idea, so I guessed Delaroche. This was incorrect.
  9. I didn’t necessarily know this, but given the typical dimensions of a cube, I took a punt at sixteen and got it correct.
  10. I didn’t know this, but I had an inkling that herring was a Swedish delicacy, so I guessed it. This was correct.

If you have a go, I’d love to hear your scores and answers!

It'd be great if there'd be a bit of discussion in here rather than just a constant stream of scores every day which doesn't really add to discussion or is of much benefit to anyone.

Take a look at Matt's post, which questions did you fall down on etc? Keep it constructive please 🙂

7/10 today. Had difficulty with the poem question, have never read GoT and my 50/50 on the Canton Tower went amiss. Happy with it though overall!

Today’s quiz, Towers and Thrones, was a more difficult one for me, but I got 5/10.

1. I had a feeling it was either fibula or femur, but I incorrectly guessed fibula. For some reason, I thought the femur was somewhere else…
  2. I didn’t know this one, but I knew that a man sang it, so it was a toss up between Ricky Martin and Enrique Iglesias for me. I went for Ricky Martin, and it turned out to be correct!
  3. Despite not being a football fan, I actually knew that Erling Haaland went to Manchester City.
  4. For some reason, I thought Christopher Columbus was Spanish, so I incorrectly answered Spanish. I think the Christopher Columbus themed ride being in Spain at Europa Park might have misled me…
  5. I know very little about star signs, so I incorrectly guessed Pisces.
  6. I didn’t know this one, but I took a punt on Warren Buffett because he was one I’d heard of, and it turned out to be right!
  7. I had no idea for this one, so I incorrectly guessed John Donne.
  8. I didn’t know this one, but my Grandad has read the GoT books, and “Clash of Kings” rang a bell to me in one of my conversations with him, so I went for Clash of Kings. I got this correct!
  9. I had no idea for this one, so I took a punt on Guangzhou. This actually turned out to be correct!
  10. I had no idea, so I incorrectly guessed 1771.
It is quite remarkable how much I rely on guessing in this quiz on some days… I always thought I had quite good general knowledge, but my results on this quiz would beg to differ!

Last edited:
I got 7/10 today.
I knew question 1. I didn't know question 2, so I went with Jennifer Lopez, and it was incorrect. I knew question 3 and question 4. I don't know star signs, so I went with Sagittarius for question 5, and it was incorrect. I wasn't completely sure about question 6, but I got it correct. I wasn't sure about question 7. I went with John Donne, but it was incorrect. I didn't know question 8, but my guess was correct. Question 9 was by far the easiest one for me, and I also knew question 10.

7/10. Got the below wrong...

Columbus - I thought Spanish was really obvious and clicked it straight away. Should've stopped to think about it really because on a recent Sopranos rewatch he is hailed as an Italian American hero.

The Highwayman - never would have got that

Mozart's death - as above

5/10 - so I’m consistent if nothing else. Surprisingly got the football and investor questions right, most of my other guesses were failures though.

On today’s quiz, Carbon and Carbonara, I got 6/10, which put me on the 68th percentile.
  1. I had no idea, so I incorrectly guessed Guyana.
  2. I knew that the chemical symbol for carbon was C.
  3. I didn’t know this one, but I took a punt on Hamlet and it was correct.
  4. I didn’t know this one, but I had a feeling that it might be something Italian, so I took a punt on Pecorino and it was correct.
  5. I had no idea, so I incorrectly guessed The Kinks.
  6. I had an inkling that the R in HDR stood for either Rate or Range, so I went for Range. This turned out to be correct!
  7. I knew that the N in JSON stood for Notation.
  8. I didn’t know this one, but I took a stab at Beethoven and it was correct!
  9. I had no idea for this one, so I incorrectly guessed Sebastian Pinera.
  10. I knew that India became independent at some point in the 1940s, so it was a 50/50 between 1947 and 1949. I guessed 1949, which turned out to be incorrect.

Lucy & Liberty - 10/10 (Started very strong! The cube vertices answer was a complete guess and I wasn't 100% on which fish but went with Herring and got it right! I got lucky!)

Towers & Thrones - 8/10
(I incorrectly guessed Spanish for Christopher Columbus & made a wrong guess on the final question. I also correctly guessed the GoT answer - I've never read/seen anything GoT so had absolutely no idea!)

Carbon & Carbonara - 7/10 (looks like I'm on a downwards trajectory! I stumbled on number 5, incorrectly answering Kinks but rightly or wrongly, I had absolutely no knowledge here! I dabbled between the right answer for 8 and the one I eventually went with, which was my second mistake but I wasn't sure and finally, I made the assumption the Indian Independence Act came later than it did but again - hopefully will start heading upwards again tomorrow!

I got 6/10 today. I thought that this was the hardest so far. I was lucky with question 1, because it was a complete guess.

7/10 today so an improvement.

Getting the Indian independence question right was due to watching Ms Marvel 😂

My knowledge of foreign politics and capitals is woeful it seems