• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Red Button Challenge...

Scott

Former TS Team Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
From TowersStreet Facebook:

599409_361732840563833_996666871_n.jpg

552513_361733527230431_1035861045_n.jpg

Chances of winning are 1 in 99 - but I think it's a great bit of fun and is the kind of random thing that makes Towers so great... It certainly makes ordering food more entertaining!

Good move, something a bit zany which fits in with the current marketing. Very little chance you'd pick the right number, but even so, still a good gimmick to get people talking!

I like the theory of it, but not so keen on it being a financial prize. I know times are tough 'n all that, but surely they could give you something a bit more personalized, like a character meet-and-greet, or something? Still, can't complain too much about quirky charms like that.

I had a go today! I guessed 86, but it was 55 :'( strange though, my friend (in the till next to me) guessed number 9, and for her, number 56 came up? Coincidence I guess

Ben. said:
It just seems like a pointless gimmick that will slow down serving time.

It is.

But I was a few numbers off after about 6 turns though. And considering I normally have bad luck, I did quite well for myself!

Oh for goodness sake, it's a bit of fun! People love that kind of quirky thing when they're ordering their meal, and for the lucky few each day who get it free it'll be even more happy memories of Alton Towers. It's hardly going to make a massive impact on queueing :)

they had something like this in a bar in Newcastle when I was at Uni that they used during happy hour. You hit the button and it did a "wheel of fortune" style thing - prizes were such as two for one, half price, cheapest drink free, free round. It stil had full price on there too though.

Was fun and didn't take too much time as the "wheel of fortune" spin only took about 10 seconds.

If people are worried about timing, it's gonna take that amount of time whilst they bag up all the food. Shouldn't add more than 5 seconds per guest, at most.