• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Resort niggles

thefatone said:
By sprucing up hotel - I meant, painting bannisters, new flooring down in public areas. Stuff they generally didn't need to do. I deliberately ignored moon rooms as they come at a price.

I was going by the exaggeration that by one persons experience of a presumably slightly stressed manager, that they're all like that and everyone hates it or has that attitude. We don't even know if the staff member in question actually felt anywhere near belittled by it.

But fair enough.

He looked like he was getting pissed of by it by the way he rolled his eyes and he did say "im not rushing" towards me.

The park will always need sprucing up. The nature of everything. Because of our wether we will always see things dying and fading. It must be hard for the company however to keep the place looking new must be extremly difficult. Look at Blackpool tower and the forth bridge. Constantly being painted. To keep the hotel looking good they would need to close and i cant see that happerning

The staff working in Dragon Bar this afternoon were absolutely awful, and that's possibly being kind. Instead of focussing on providing a good level of service, they were more bothered about just chatting amongst themselves at all times other than when they had to ask a customer a question. This came across as very rude and unprofessional. It was as if they had no interest in proving good service. It was the same last Sunday after park close, the staff behind the bar were talking to each other about when it was their break, and if they could take it early etc. What a great impression to give off.

Not only this but they were very slow in taking payments. Then when it came to bringing out food to people they generally had no idea where it was actually going. So on the whole we really were not impressed. I've had far better service in fast food restaurants. They need to sort this out ASAP.

:)

GaryH said:
I wonder if they are new staff for this year.....

New staffmaybe........................ hopefully better people in charge of them.

Rob said:
The staff working in Dragon Bar this afternoon were absolutely awful, and that's possibly being kind. Instead of focussing on providing a good level of service, they were more bothered about just chatting amongst themselves at all times other than when they had to ask a customer a question. This came across as very rude and unprofessional. It was as if they had no interest in proving good service. It was the same last Sunday after park close, the staff behind the bar were talking to each other about when it was their break, and if they could take it early etc. What a great impression to give off.

Not only this but they were very slow in taking payments. Then when it came to bringing out food to people they generally had no idea where it was actually going. So on the whole we really were not impressed. I've had far better service in fast food restaurants. They need to sort this out ASAP.

Take it easy, if there are new staff need time to bed in. Failing that Gordan Ramsey could come in with his kitchen nightmares

I don't care if they're new or not. It's no excuse for awful and unprofessional service. I can understand new staff being a little slow as they get used to the job and their surroundings but casually chatting with each other whilst serving customers, sometimes about wanting to go on break, is unacceptable whether they are new or have been there for many years.