• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Access Pass and Disabled Access - 2024 Discussion

I was only asked to see it on one ride at CWOA this week. Ironically it was the one where we’d bought a one shot so they didn’t need to see it. I’ve mentioned this before, seems odd they haven’t built in a way to distinguish these for ride operators as the unscrupulous could easily take advantage of it. Just visually colour coding the screen would be an instant fix.

At Towers you have to show the photo card at every ride along with the timecard, and the details on both must match. Much better and no wristband needed anymore.

The host on Smiler joked with me as my sister handed them the cards instead of myself lol.

That user on eBay seems to not exist anymore. So likely Thorpe have noticed and demanded they be banned from there.

People are just scummy. But as mentioned just tell the staff to demand the RAP card to go with it. No ID, no ride.
Not going to work, the wristband replaces the need for the photo id card if there is a wristband present...

I was only asked to see it on one ride at CWOA this week. Ironically it was the one where we’d bought a one shot so they didn’t need to see it. I’ve mentioned this before, seems odd they haven’t built in a way to distinguish these for ride operators as the unscrupulous could easily take advantage of it. Just visually colour coding the screen would be an instant fix.
That's exactly what they do! Some rides are also named slightly differently, which is something accesso on the ground staff were looking for.

Not going to work, the wristband replaces the need for the photo id card if there is a wristband present...

Don't know why it wouldn't work. Need the ID card to collect the timecard & wristband, need it to prove you've got things legitimately on the rides.

Don't know why it wouldn't work. Need the ID card to collect the timecard & wristband, need it to prove you've got things legitimately on the rides.
Because the wristband is used for a few specific situations where the guest does not have the photo I d card, some school groups for example.

So, i'm almost hesitant to post this but i think this is both a good trustworthy community and also perhaps indicative of how it will work on-site.

Today i applied for the Efteling RAP equivalent for our trip next week. All the process entailed was answering some questions from the virtual assistant and we now have a "Facility Card" for life!

Can you even imagine if that was the system Merlin used 🤯

However from previous discussions and research it doesn't seem like the service offers much of a queue-time reduction and is more aimed towards the non-ambulant, though it did ask questions in regards to that matter so a little confusing. Also on several attractions you would miss the pre-show and instead wait in a concrete corridor or similar for a long period.

I'm a bit nervous now as i was under the impression most Dutch children went back to school this week but having kept an eye on queue times, this week has so far been the busiest of the year. I haven't really seen anything exceed 40 minutes but most of the main attractions seem to be in that range all day.

Anyway, just thought it was a noteworthy system for such a major theme park!

Interesting that you have to apply now. Will need to look into that.

I'd imagine/hope that having the thing "for life" will be dependent on the disability. Most are life long after all and probably makes sense on the system.

Only attraction that has the corridor of woe is Dutchman. The others either have waiting areas (Baron/Carnival Festival) or queue lines. Joris WILL be awful so I'd recommend you hit that up first, especially as you only get one side on RAP.

With queues it's a mixed bag since Efteling is extremely popular. However there's enough non-ride stuff to do that will no doubt help you and your kid out if it is excessively busy.

Sooner or later we'll all apply for one, as the only means of getting on a ride. I don't mean to imply that some are not deserving of - and needing - RAP, but when the RAP line exceeds the normal line......

Reactions: Ash
Sooner or later we'll all apply for one, as the only means of getting on a ride. I don't mean to imply that some are not deserving of - and needing - RAP, but when the RAP line exceeds the normal line......

Isn't that the exact reason why they've put a cap on them at Merlin? And that hyperbole is just an added cherry on top of the attempted veiled ableism.

Seems to be working OK bar the main frustration of those unable to book at shorter notice. But that is the price paid for letting it get so out of control in the first place. Though we personally don't have that situation with the "will they be in a good state for a busy theme park today or not" that many others have.

However when combined with the poor reliability around the park leading to often everyone all ending up on the same ride anyway. Sooner Towers and Thorpe move to the digital system at Lego and Chessie the better (especially as it would remove the need for everyone to visit Guest Services each time).

Interesting that you have to apply now. Will need to look into that.

I'd imagine/hope that having the thing "for life" will be dependent on the disability. Most are life long after all and probably makes sense on the system.

Applying amounts to chatting to the virtual assistant. You could do it whilst in the queue as it’s instant.

One of the questions did ask if the condition is permanent. It’s very much based on honesty.

Park seems much quieter today so seems like there’s something else beyond school holidays determining crowds this week.

Isn't that the exact reason why they've put a cap on them at Merlin? And that hyperbole is just an added cherry on top of the attempted veiled ableism.
I've already said that I and my Dad would both be eligible for RAP but don't take advantage as it would, er, be taking advantage. And it would be taking 4 places of those most in need.

The problem is too many people abuse the system, and the more that is noticed the more the problem worsens. You even hear kids in the RAP queue bragging about it :-(

Just on the way home from our trip to Efteling. Will do a full trip report over the weekend but just in terms of the RAP which i probably won't include:

- We only actually used it once over the course of 3 days, such are the phenomenal operations and delightful queues of this park.

- The one ride we did use it on (Joris and The Dragon, a wooden coaster similar to WickerMan) had an advertised wait of 25 minutes. It was very sunny and 30 degrees at this point so we thought we'd see how the RAP worked. There was a pleasant waiting area by the ride exit with seats and a sunshade and we ultimately waited about 15 minutes. Tbh my son found this a bit more annoying as he didn't understand why we were sitting around when every other ride we'd been in was a short or constantly moving and stimulating queue!

- From my observation they were loading RAP every 3 trains.

- There was a British family in front and they had SEVEN people using the pass for one person which seemed a little cheeky, though ultimately has no real impact on this park and lets a family wait together.

- Much like Plopsaland, we did notice more people staring than at UK parks. Conversely there were a lot more non-ambulant people than you'd typically see at a theme park.

Shame they were allowing a big group use it like that. Especially as its one of the only parks that stated clearly the amount of group that were permitted on certain attractions.

The Joris RAP queue is awful.

Shame they were allowing a big group use it like that. Especially as its one of the only parks that stated clearly the amount of group that were permitted on certain attractions.

The Joris RAP queue is awful.

Brits abroad. The staff member did make them split into two groups so they didn't ride together.

I don't think Joris is awful but depends on your needs. Provides somewhere to sit down, with some shade or rain protection and a view of the ride. Better than standing in the industrial fire exit of Vampire for 45 minutes.

Had a last minute trip to Legoland today as had a RAP slot booked and seemed a shame to waste it.

Unfortunately was like the old days.

SkyLion queue was well out the building.

At other points there were 6 or more rides that were not bookable as RAP was at capacity. Which is interesting considering RAP is supposedly at capacity most days... and One Shot Fast Tracks were readily available.

Oh and was very hard to get a Speedway slot, back to hammering refresh every twenty minutes, good memories.

Last edited:
Probably cra**ing themselves that they'll lose annual pass sales next time around as people can never get RAP pre-books apart from quieter times without booking 2 months ahead, LOL.