• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Access Pass and Disabled Access - 2024 Discussion

Whatever happened to spontaneity with this hobby?
Plan carefully or you aren't coming...if you need rap.

There should be a process of no advance "block booking", only one date booked in advance, and everyone has the right to book one non peak day in advance without restriction.

If large numbers of dates are "full" , and rap users have no reasonable dates to book, I think it might be considered discriminatory, again, under the equality legislation.

Whatever happened to spontaneity with this hobby?
Plan carefully or you aren't coming...if you need rap.

There should be a process of no advance "block booking", only one date booked in advance, and everyone has the right to book one non peak day in advance without restriction.

If large numbers of dates are "full" , and rap users have no reasonable dates to book, I think it might be considered discriminatory, again, under the equality legislation.

I think the best solution would be say 50% allocation available as pre-book, 50% released on the day at 7am.

That way you cater to those who need advance certainty, those who can only visit spontaneously and those who may have been unaware.

Ah, I see we've circled round to the "things were better before they put in the pre-booking" part of this.

Quick reminder. They weren't.
Indeed, it's a choice of come when you want but have RAP queues of 1hr+ or pre-book in advance but have shorter waits.

Ah, I see we've circled round to the "things were better before they put in the pre-booking" part of this.

Quick reminder. They weren't.

Nobody has suggested that.

The capacity would remain, hence why my suggestion involved percentages of allocation.

The criticisms are a result of them increasing the capacity at the busiest time.

If people are mass-booking up dates and then not turning up, the solution is obvious: Charge a deposit to book that gets refunded when you check in to the park... or kept if you don't.
And no, this is not discriminating against RAP users, it is punishing RAP abusers. People who don't take the pish won't pay a penny.

Nobody has suggested that.

The capacity would remain, hence why my suggestion involved percentages of allocation.

The criticisms are a result of them increasing the capacity at the busiest time.
Problem is, no matter how much you reduce the cap if everyone goes to the same ride at once a queue will form.

If people are mass-booking up dates and then not turning up, the solution is obvious: Charge a deposit to book that gets refunded when you check in to the park... or kept if you don't.
And no, this is not discriminating against RAP users, it is punishing RAP abusers. People who don't take the pish won't pay a penny.

You can check in at CWOA and Legoland without being in the park so would have little effect there. I do agree ensuring bookings are used needs to be addressed but i don't know what the solution is.

Problem is, no matter how much you reduce the cap if everyone goes to the same ride at once a queue will form.

Capacity prior to the last few weeks of summer seemed to be working well from most reports. Anecdotally they only increased it recently (eg CWOA releasing a hoard of new slots early August).

Generally the on-site experience has been much better this year, it's been the inability to obtain a slot which has made things difficult, hence my suggestion to split the allocation process.

There's probably a discussion to be had about allowing people to have 12 active slots too...

You can check in at CWOA and Legoland without being in the park so would have little effect there. I do agree ensuring bookings are used needs to be addressed but i don't know what the solution is.
I don’t imagine it would be too difficult to tie it to your AP reservation or ticket number if they put the thought in. Would just need a field on the RAP
booking to either validate an AP or a booked ticket. Then when the user scans at the barrier they can be marked as attending the park automatically, and if they don’t then appropriate action taken.

Unfortunately, however, that would require some actual effort on the part of Merlin.

Probably cra**ing themselves that they'll lose annual pass sales next time around as people can never get RAP pre-books apart from quieter times without booking 2 months ahead, LOL.
I was about to post that there are plenty of non-RAP MAP holders… buuuuut these days, who knows 🤷🏼‍♂️

Capacity prior to the last few weeks of summer seemed to be working well from most reports. Anecdotally they only increased it recently (eg CWOA releasing a hoard of new slots early August).

Generally the on-site experience has been much better this year, it's been the inability to obtain a slot which has made things difficult, hence my suggestion to split the allocation process.

There's probably a discussion to be had about allowing people to have 12 active slots too...
Can you hold a pre-book RAP slot without holding or entering a pre-booked ticket slot?

Has anyone used the RAP at DLP?

It says you can only apply up to one month in advance but seeing as i imagine most people would book a trip prior to that i'm guessing there is no capacity limit?

There isn't much information on how it actually works either. Are there limitations such as time outs or number of rides?

We are at Legoland today and it is absolutely rammed. Not sure what the RAP capacity is but the queues for most of the popular rides - minifigure, lasers, skylion, Ninjago, dragon etc. have been closed for a lot of the time as they are at capacity. Feels like any cap has gone out of the window today as even before the changes this year I don't recall a day this bad for RAP usage.

Last edited:
We are at Legoland today and it is absolutely rammed. Not sure what the RAP capacity is but the queues for most of the popular rides - minifigure, lasers, skylion, Ninjago, dragon etc. have been closed for a lot of the time as they are at capacity. Feels like any cap has gone out of the window today as even before the changes this year I don't recall a day this bad for RAP usage.

Sounds similar to our day yesterday.

But worth remembering Legoland shares queues with Fast-track so I wonder if they are selling more of those and closing RAP queues to accommodate as opposed to increasing RAP capacity.

I hardly saw anyone with a visible disability in the queues for what that’s worth.

This story appeared on my Google suggestions.

Some good old journalism there (not denoting the difference between booking park tickets and booking RAP) and the usual response from the park.

Also notes they were later given RAP. Though can understand by that point the day is probably done anyway.

Have been surprised there haven't been too many stories like this over the year after the changes.