• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Access Pass and Disabled Access - 2024 Discussion

This story appeared on my Google suggestions.

Some good old journalism there (not denoting the difference between booking park tickets and booking RAP) and the usual response from the park.

Also notes they were later given RAP. Though can understand by that point the day is probably done anyway.

Have been surprised there haven't been too many stories like this over the year after the changes.

"In addition, ahead of the changes coming into effect, anyone who had visited our Resort Theme Parks and used Ride Access Pass previously received advance notification of these changes.

Not true.

"On the day of visit, if a guest still has not pre-booked a Ride Access Pass they can speak to a member of our dedicated Guest Excellence team who monitor, in real time, the no-shows and cancellations for that day. They then release these to other guests on a first-come first serve basis.

This has been mentioned before but no explanation as to what qualifies as a "no-show". Surely you're entitled to arrive at the park any time you want and they honour the booking.

Surely the solution is to move to an all-digital system..? In the same way there's no point in selling 100 FPs for the same 15 min window..... - otherwise you just end up with huge RAP queues at some rides/times (surely defeating the purpose). If managed digitally you can create "true slots" where you can turn up and the queue is almost zero. They seem to implement a FP system (e.g at Thorpe/AT) where there are only so many tickets/slot window.

Disney have managed this reasonably well with their incantations of FP.

Least we know when season starts and ends.

Would presume it'll get closed and reset once they realise someone has ballsed up. Very unlikely the entire season is meant to be available.

Least we know when season starts and ends.

Would presume it'll get closed and reset once they realise someone has ballsed up. Very unlikely the entire season is meant to be available.
Yeah I'm hoping it's just a mistake. The 2025 opening dates haven't even been released yet, let alone tickets.

Live scenes from the Towers IT dept.

Dr House Oops GIF

2025 short breaks are now available to book, not allowing RAP users to secure a slot along with their booking does feel unfair, perhaps they have opened up a small number of RAP slots for this reason?

I do admit this seems a bit too joined up for Alton Towers to be true though.

- At one point 6 major attractions were coming up as "fully booked" which is pretty poor. One of these was Vampire which i noticed had nobody queueing for it and even by the time we got off there was still nobody yet it continued to be listed as fully booked. Now this could technically be possible that lots of people has reservations and weren't there yet but still seemed a little suspicious, especially when One Shots were available to purchase for all rides.
There actually seems to be a problem specifically with Vampire not releasing slots. I visited the park this week on a very quiet day and we were able to book a slot on it in the morning but from lunchtime onwards it was continually showing as RAP Queue Fully Booked even though the main queue was only on 25 minutes. I suggested to my son that we just walked around to the RAP entrance to see if there was a queue there and there was nobody. When I explained to the disabled entrance ride host that it was showing as fully booked she let us on and said that it was an error with the system that sometimes happens. It continued to show as Fully Booked for the rest of that day but each time we went around to the RAP entrance it was the same, nobody was waiting.

Last edited: