• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Access Pass and Disabled Access - 2024 Discussion

Merlin in general but espically Thorpe have a hell of a lot for neuro divergent staff, seemingly almost all of ents for example
I know that it's very common for actors to be neurodivergent as it can help some people with their communication and can also be an escape. Bradley Riches (Heartstopper and Celebrity Big Brother) is a well known neurodivergent actor.

I know Theme Parks are a common interest and a lot of enthusiasts are neurodivergent with a good number using RAP queues and a even bigger number including those who don't require RAP.

I can imagine there being a lot of staff in all areas including Entertainments and Rides being neurodivergent.

Merlin's requirement to pre-book RAP slots has finally hit the papers, though probably not the outlet you were thinking of.

The Telegraph claims that RAP passes are "sold out" because of an increase in ADHD diagnoses.

Truck loads of salt time, obviously, and the article is clearly written with an agenda to whip people into a frenzy.

Paywall removed link: https://archive.ph/uft4r

Last edited:
Merlin's requirement to pre-book RAP slots has finally hit the papers, though probably not the outlet you were thinking of.

The Telegraph claims that RAP passes are "sold out" because of an increase in ADHD diagnoses.

Truck loads of salt time, obviously, and the article is clearly written with an agenda to whip people into a frenzy.
Looks like it's behind a paywall? A shame, would've been an interesting read.

I've just read this and I'm going to be honest, this isn't accurate at all.

It spent a lot of time writing about the rise in ADHD diagnosises rather than talking about the actual issue at hand, was aimed at Thorpe Park when it's a problem across all Merlin parks and also mentions that RAP sells out as if it's a paid product. It was written to paint a certain picture.

It didn't appear to mention that slots are fully booked way in advance, how some people including the Karens know the system and book as many as they physically can which it ends up getting fully booked as a result along with the fact that Merlin has a big RAP problem due to people seeing it as free fast track. There seems to be a lot of complaints on social media about it from both people who need it and people who want it.
If The Telegraph wrote it accurately, it'd be titled "Theme park disability priority passes fully booked due to high scrounger uptake".

It's clearly written with an agenda.

It's just a sign-up thing, enter an email address and you can read it.
It's not, you have to sign up for a trial and provide payment information; it autorenews unless you cancel it.

Not worth doing for an article I intended to rip to shreds, suffice to say anything the Telegraph has to say about ADHD will be nonsense.

(Archive.ph link not working for me)

Thanks @GooseOnTheLoose - though now I feel compelled to read it, which will only make me annoyed.

EDIT: Having read it it's a complete mess. It doesn't explain the Nimbus application system at all and mixes up Access Cards with RAP allocations on the day. There's also no connection at all established between the rise in ADHD diagnoses and the procedural changes.

If this was written by AI it would have made more sense.

Last edited: