• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Access Pass Systems and Disabled Access (pre 2024)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm guessing it was installed for ambulatory wheelchair users

I think they are installed for legal reasons as level access is required by law, but are as useful as a chocolate teapot as you need to be able to walk as well as climb down steps/ladders for evacuation reason.

The reason that I mention this in my last post, is because I know that the rules for riding requires you to walk has been a rule for a good few years, and I've known that as I've mentioned this many times over the years on this forum.

So I don't understand their claim that they have visited Alton Towers for many years without any issue. Their claim just don't stack up. If they are telling porkies to make a fuss of this, then it makes me wonder what else that they are claiming with the way that the staff have treating them is what really happened?

I think they are installed for legal reasons as level access is required by law, but are as useful as a chocolate teapot as you need to be able to walk as well as climb down steps/ladders for evacuation reason.

The reason that I mention this in my last post, is because I know that the rules for riding requires you to walk has been a rule for a good few years, and I've known that as I've mentioned this many times over the years on this forum.

So I don't understand their claim that they have visited Alton Towers for many years without any issue. Their claim just don't stack up. If they are telling porkies to make a fuss of this, then it makes me wonder what else that they are claiming with the way that the staff have treating them is what really happened?
Considering I've seen staff step in and assist with transfer before it wouldn't surprise me if it's true

Applied for my RAP earlier and was very impressed with how quickly it was done. Just three hours later I got the confirmation of acceptance email :)

Applied for my RAP earlier and was very impressed with how quickly it was done. Just three hours later I got the confirmation of acceptance email :)
Possibly personal question so feel free not to answer- was the evidence you submitted crystal clear and strictly in accordance with their rules?

Basically im trying to figure out if they are actually checking or just auto pilot clicking approve.
Ahh I see, sorry. Yeah I was a little worried as my form doesn't state that I get the "enhanced mobility component" (One of the requirements for receiving the pass), although it does state the amount I receive.

Out of interest do you guys get the red (carer) wristband or the yellow (no carer) wristband?
I'm not sure, can't remember which one I got last year (or did they only implement the two-band system this year?). I would hope I'll get the yellow one as I am capable of riding on my own (I have a cognitive condition but do not need assistance getting on and off rides)

I'm not sure, can't remember which one I got last year (or did they only implement the two-band system this year?). I would hope I'll get the yellow one as I am capable of riding on my own (I have a cognitive condition but do not need assistance getting on and off rides)
You get red by default unless your either lucky or you show explicit proof you don't need a carer.
And yes it's new for this year.

You get red by default unless your either lucky or you show explicit proof you don't need a carer.
And yes it's new for this year.
I'll mention that I'm capable of riding alone and hope they accept it. I should've put that in the box at the bottom of the form

Also, looking at the access document it mentions that Wicker Man has a test seat. Is that correct? I've used the main entrance before and never seen it.

I'll mention that I'm capable of riding alone and hope they accept it. I should've put that in the box at the bottom of the form

Also, looking at the access document it mentions that Wicker Man has a test seat. Is that correct? I've used the main entrance before and never seen it.
I don't think Wicker Man has a test seat?

Anyway I now qualify for the yellow band and it is the most useful thing ever! My family hate rollercoasters so for years I have had to stand outside ride entrances looking for a carer.

Anyway I now qualify for the yellow band and it is the most useful thing ever! My family hate rollercoasters so for years I have had to stand outside ride entrances looking for a carer.
What proof do you give if you don't mind me asking? I'd feel more comfortable with the yellow band.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.