• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Isn't two station two craft better than one station two craft. Someone on here said its throughput is higher
From when I visited a couple of weeks ago it was on 2 station 2 craft and it took 15 minutes from literally just outside the station building. It was dire

Isn't two station two craft better than one station two craft. Someone on here said its throughput is higher
The throughput might be better but the problem with that is when you get split after merge you are basically queueing for one train, one station. And you realise how long the ride actually is as you are stood in the station waiting for it to go round and return.

I'd like to see 1 station and 2 craft but with 2 stations worth of staff. 1 staff member per row for fast dispatches.

We visited yesterday, availability was good, apart from the usual suspects (Hex, Spinball (which was testing), Skyride). I'd say the longest we waited for anything was 10 mins for The Smiler. Most rides walk on, with trains being sent empty on Oblivion with how quiet it was. We arrived on park at about 10:30am and got Marauder's Mayhem, Wicker Man, The Curse, Blade, Th13teen, Rita, Gangsta Granny, Smiler and Oblivion done by 2pm. Touch wood, we've had great luck with availability and operations on every visit so far this season.

Galactica was just terrible last time I went (31st March/1st April) It was on 2 stations 2 trains, took so long - once you got into the station they were leaving so many empty seats, batching 2 people into a row of 4 but not putting another 2 with them, splitting a 5 as 4+1 but not putting anyone else on the row of 1 etc.

Some of that is likely due to seats being out of action, which I can only assume is a maintenance (or lack of) issue. Again it is something that needs sorting.

Good point actually, when I rode last month, I was on row 3 and put with a 2 because the fourth seat was out of use

Screenshot_20230512_103623_Alton Towers.jpg
Not a good start from Towers today. Would like to see less of this as the season goes on. Majority of rides not open yet is poor

If that was the case I’d rather them just shut it for a long period of time and get it in a more presentable condition for summer holidays. It’s a disaster waiting to happen with parents having to take their kids through a black mould infested building. The Daily Mail would have an absolute field day.

Sorry for double post but it seems towers have sorted their ops since the start of the day. Everything has been open for a while now which is good. Smiler seems busier than normal so it's either because it was closed this morning, it's not on 4 trains or there's school trips

Gusts are currently around 22mph at towers and Smiler and Oblivion are shut.
Do you know that they are 22mph? or is that what’s stated on weather apps, as most apps won’t state wind gusts, just average wind speeds. It only takes one larger gust to make the rides in that area temporarily cease operation, it’s something out of their control.

I thought the Smiler's maximum wind speed was 34 mph gusts. If so today's met office forecast of 22mph guts was well below that.