• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

All maintenance is planned maintenance. Just a lot of it is planned about five minutes before it actually starts.

Wish they'd actually give us proper, meaningful updates over these pointless boilerplate statuses.
Would be at least a start if they added the “closed today” on the app and website. Thorpe Park have definitely been better at this in the past year.

Wickerman does tend to suffer downtime around this time of year when the temperature changes in a short space of time. It has happened a few times. No idea if there is a link but is it feasible the track could be impacted by sudden increases in temp that then require maintenance?
Been wood, comming out of winter, then we have had quite a bit of wet weather and now into 20deg sunny days it'll probably be shrinkage.

But I'd have thought this would be accounted for in the design of the coaster. . 🤷

It's the last day of term before Whit Week, could be inset days and school trips also. I visited on this exact Friday last year, it was a 5pm close, queues were very big and most things actually were shut due to wind, probably one of the worst days I've ever had there. Nice to see it's an hour later this year.

Operations were a mixed bag yesterday. No baggage hold on Smiler and Th13teen so there was some stacking. Oblivion and Galactica on 1 station so queues were moving pretty slow. Spinball ops are always decent tbf but it's a good job because throughput is already low on it. Best ops by far was Wicker man. 3 trains and a train onto the lift hill by the time the other is going through the structure for the last time. Ops are consistent on Wicker and they seem to be just as good on off peak days as they are the really busy days. Rita was down unfortunately but its back open today

Weirdest thing about it is Rita was shut all day yesterday. Can't think of a time where one ride is shut all day and then another ride the next.
It happens, and is completely coincidental. Obviously the park has no intentions or want for this to happen but ride closures and unplanned maintenance is just part and parcel of theme park operations. I’m sure it’s happened many times before at parks all across the world, agree with you that it’s rare and unfortunate.

Seems extra bad here this year though. I thought it was bad last year, and in 2021 latter half for that matter, but this is the worst I can remember ride availability being.

It happens, and is completely coincidental. Obviously the park has no intentions or want for this to happen but ride closures and unplanned maintenance is just part and parcel of theme park operations. I’m sure it’s happened many times before at parks all across the world, agree with you that it’s rare and unfortunate.
However, some parks (not Towers) often use "essential repairs" as an excuse when they are short of staff on off peak days.
Anyone seen the adult coasters at Southport open outside weekends and school holidays?
I have tried to ride their last two...and failed after repeated attempts.

Today had the best ops I've seen in a while, including upping Galactica to 2 stations when it could probably have got away with the 1 it had running this morning. There has been words had as yesterday and today they were telling the hosts on Galactica to get a move on. Wicker Man constantly pumping trains out most of the time and every ride I saw had it's full compliment of trains today (didn't venture into X-Sector, am unsure what counts as full on Spinball but it was a 2 min wait)

Probably wasn't on 7, brake run wasn't full but it was keeping its queue down (around the breakdowns)