• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Out of interest, how were throughputs yesterday, in general? It sounds like yesterday was a relatively good opening day, with all things considered, so it would be nice to hear if that extended to throughputs.

In particular, what sort of throughput was Nemesis getting? I managed to time it very briefly in one of the YouTube videos from yesterday, and from the two intervals I saw, I got an average dispatch interval of 1m 33s (or 38-39 trains per hour/1,216-1,248 riders per hour). But that was only based on two readings, so those could have been particularly good or bad readings.

Nemesis started with a 2 min dispatch interval and got better. 1 of the trains seemed to be a bit finnicky with bingo being played on it, the other seemed to work fine.

Galactica seemed to die constantly. Oblivion was slow but not offensive. WM and 13 on 2 not great but Smiler on 3 and Rita on 1 is offensive.

Quite a few rides on reduced capacity yesterday: WM on 2, Smiler on 3, Spinball on 4 from what I saw. Galactica went down to 1 station in the evening but 3 trains on the ride.

Nemesis queue moves at a crawl due to RAP priority being massively increased.

Out of interest, how were throughputs yesterday, in general? It sounds like yesterday was a relatively good opening day, with all things considered, so it would be nice to hear if that extended to throughputs.

In particular, what sort of throughput was Nemesis getting? I managed to time it very briefly in one of the YouTube videos from yesterday, and from the two intervals I saw, I got an average dispatch interval of 1m 33s (or 38-39 trains per hour/1,216-1,248 riders per hour). But that was only based on two readings, so those could have been particularly good or bad readings.
Inconsistent I would say. They had issues with the restraint sensors both times I rode it so they had to re-check it.
Quite a few rides on reduced capacity yesterday: WM on 2, Smiler on 3, Spinball on 4 from what I saw. Galactica went down to 1 station in the evening but 3 trains on the ride.

Nemesis queue moves at a crawl due to RAP priority being massively increased.
The RAP will be capped down further soon. Alton had to reverse their decision as people had already booked tickets for opening day. Bit cheeky that fast track and RAP merge together through the old queue route.

The RAP will be capped down further soon. Alton had to reverse their decision as people had already booked tickets for opening day. Bit cheeky that fast track and RAP merge together through the old queue route.
Means less people clogging the exit ramp though, that can only be a good thing. And after the merge point there's only a short distance to the station as well.

Someone above stated on this very thread they waited 275 from pizza and pasta, I am not sure what you meant there?

That’s 4.5 hours?
How can it take 2hrs 35 to get from pizza pasta to the ride entrance if the queue from the entrance is only 2 hours. It’s a massive queue line if they can get through that in 2 hours then the queue outside the entrance towards katanga wouldn’t take more than 80 mins. This adds up to 200 mins. So unless it’s only 2 hours from entrance when Rap is quiet

How can it take 2hrs 35 to get from pizza pasta to the ride entrance if the queue from the entrance is only 2 hours. It’s a massive queue line if they can get through that in 2 hours then the queue outside the entrance towards katanga wouldn’t take more than 80 mins
I don’t have that answer, what I do have is the fact that someone who went through that experience confirmed the wait time. I am not sure what further proof you would need?

That’s quite a walk/distance away from the entrance of Nemesis as well 🤷‍♂️

I don’t have that answer, what I do have is the fact that someone who went through that experience confirmed the wait time. I am not sure what further proof you would need?

That’s quite a walk/distance away from the entrance of Nemesis as well 🤷‍♂️
Well if someone did actually wait that long that’s madness. Did the queue even reach 4 1/2 hours in 1994

How can it take 2hrs 35 to get from pizza pasta to the ride entrance if the queue from the entrance is only 2 hours. It’s a massive queue line if they can get through that in 2 hours then the queue outside the entrance towards katanga wouldn’t take more than 80 mins. This adds up to 200 mins. So unless it’s only 2 hours from entrance when Rap is quiet
Yes that's right - because your assumptions are usually so accurate...

We (pointlessly in hindsight, but weren't to know at the time) waited approximately 4 hours and 25 minutes from Pizza Pasta, as @Poisson said. I would say the queue from the entrance was just over 2 hours as it was yesterday - more like 2 hours 20.

I was there.

I waited from Pizza Pasta at 9.20am and rode at around 2.00pm.

Thank you and goodnight.

So it didn’t reach 4hrs 35 yesterday then the park were just overstating it because it wouldn’t talked 2hrs 35 from pizza pasta to the ride entrance

They nailed the queue time. They said 275, we waited 275 (with a 10 min breakdown thrown in). I assume it was a guess but it was an impressive one.

Not sure why I'd lie about this considering 95% of the meet attendees were in the queue with me at the same time?