• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Been down all day and every day since opening hasn’t it? If not I retract my earlier comment but assuming I’m right the point is they could have sorted whatever they’re sorting 2 weeks ago rather than, cynically, the week before Easter.
That raft I'm 99% sure has just blown back down the part that still has water in from the holding area - it wasn't there at the start of the day.

I don’t think it’s fair to say “oh. It’s the weather. Nothing can be done”

In the Uk we get this windy conditions all year around. Other parks worldwide don’t have these issues because mitigations were put in place (be it, protection to the ride or lots of flat ride offerings) - towers have neither. And it’s not good enough

Do you have location on? As far as I know they just send out a blanket notification to everyone in the park who has the app. It’s not linked to you having specific tickets for the park that day.
I do, as does my brother and partner. Could just be unlucky.

I don’t think it’s fair to say “oh. It’s the weather. Nothing can be done”

In the Uk we get this windy conditions all year around. Other parks worldwide don’t have these issues because mitigations were put in place (be it, protection to the ride or lots of flat ride offerings) - towers have neither. And it’s not good enough
Six flags magic mountain closes in rain in California so I don’t think that’s quite right.

It’s The Smiler accident that caused the caution.

Six flags magic mountain closes in rain in California so I don’t think that’s quite right.

It’s The Smiler accident that caused the caution.
For me the point is that I think most reasonable people would accept that the ride’s manufacturers advise that it shouldn’t be run at a wind speed of xxxx and it’s currently xxxx +1.

The issue is the fact that there’s numerous other rides not operating for completely unrelated reasons.

I’ve been to six flags magic mountain twice and the coasters are great but it’s hardly a park I’d be using as an example when it comes to good operations,

For me the point is that I think most reasonable people would accept that the ride’s manufacturers advise that it shouldn’t be run at a wind speed of xxxx and it’s currently xxxx +1.

The issue is the fact that there’s numerous other rides not operating for completely unrelated reasons.

I’ve been to six flags magic mountain twice and the coasters are great but it’s hardly a park I’d be using as an example when it comes to good operations,
Towers have let themselves get into a scenario where the only ride offerings are coasters which are extremely vulnerable to the weather. It’s not the current managements fault but years of under investment and mismanagement

Well no I wasn’t saying the operations were good, I stated that if adverse weather is due they shut it completely. Towers will open and deal with all the complaints as they come.

Well no I wasn’t saying the operations were good, I stated that if adverse weather is due they shut it completely. Towers will open and deal with all the complaints as they come.

I know mate but my point is that six flags are cut from a similar cloth as Merlin, they may not be as bad, but they’re continually slated for poor operations and ultimately, that’s what this is.

As I said, if pretty much everything else which could be open, was open, I don’t think many would be complaining. I just don’t think using an example of somewhere which is even worse is really proving any point.

I have been to florida, when I went the rides were down for 3+ hours on some days due to thunderstorms and closed quite often due to thunderstorms in the area, they do have other indoor offering but not many either, I would love to see more indor attractions hopefully project horizon will bring some indoor attractions.

The place needs more indoor, reliable, high throughput attractions. It has done for 20 years. I’d rather see 4 years of two 2 “filler attractions” and food improvements each year than any more SW at this point.

And serious consideration put into how it will operate as a “365” resort. i.e. what attractions are open for November/December and Feb half term. And what do they need from a guest enjoyment perspective to allow that.

As I’ve said many times, the overall capacity of the park has gotten worse over the past 10-15 years. It hasn’t grown onto a completely new space in decades and has gone backwards.

That won’t be fixed overnight, I’d like to see a coherent plan. Thankfully it seems BS seems more interested in the actual day to day/nuts and bolts of running a successful theme park.

And whoever was responsible for the track walk omnishambles needs a P45…considering all the backslapping “world assistant director guest experience” crap on LinkedIn over the past few days, it just shows the place is still amateur behind the scenes.

It doesn't help that the last brand-new indoor ride they added (Gangsta Granny) is

1) dreadful
2) low throughput
3) very unreliable in bad weather (as the building isn't weatherproof)

Then you have Curse (unreliable), NST (running on reduced capacity), Hex (always closed) and Dungeons (upcharge and virtually forgotten)