• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

I am not sure The Smiler is on full capacity of four trains. At least it wasn’t on Sunday.

Wickerman was also on two trains Sunday. So that’s one missing.

What on earth is going on there today? Every coaster barr oblivion closed currently. Concerning as I’ll be there in an hour

Correct me if I am wrong, but is the following the current situation regarding Towers' major rides...

The Smiler - Operating normally
Galactica - Slow dispatch due to restraint sensors
Rita - Operating one train
Curse - occasional downtime due to unknown issue
Nemesis Reborn - issue regarding half train operation believed to be resolved
Th13teen - unable to operate in wet conditions.
Spinball - Loading half trains at times
Blade - unable to operate in wet conditions
Runaway mine train - operating reduced capacity (one car missing)
Sub Terra - Operating normally
Wickerman - Operating normally
Rapids - not operating
Skyride - not operating
Hex - not operating
Thirteen has been open in the rain this season. It’s just .. not being opened unless park capacity is exceptionally high, or lots of other rides are down. For some unknown reason. And then at reduced (usually 1, occasionally 2) trains.

Galactica is running less trains, slow dispatch, usually one station (not always ) and has sporadic uptime (usually opening at like 2pm)

Smiler is missing one train. Wickerman is missing one train.

I don’t know what the issues are. Smiler on the day we visited was on one train for the first hour. Then closed to add a second, and later closed to add a third.
All this did was cause the ride to close every time the queue spiked over 60 mins.
Running at capacity whenever you can , from the start, would’ve kept the queue lower for longer (duh) and been a much better experience.

In the park right now and as of 10:30 the only coaster open is oblivion, absolutely shocking operations from AT, especially when you consider it’s only open 10-4

Edit: smiler has literally JUST opened as of 10:31am
It's 10-5:30, but your point still stands about communication

Side note, Rita isn't open yet but both trains are on the circuit

In the park right now and as of 10:30 the only coaster open is oblivion, absolutely shocking operations from AT, especially when you consider it’s only open 10-4

Edit: smiler has literally JUST opened as of 10:31am

Not that it makes the point any less valid but it’s open to 5-30 today.

How times have changed.

Annual pass holders and hotel guests used to get to ride from 9am and then they'd still manage to have most of the other stuff ready for 10am for everybody. This was apparently in the bad old days of certain ownership.

Now they can hardly get anything open by 10am during easter holidays. It's not good at all. You can't say we havn't been banging on about maintenance and maintenance staff for the past few years either. Really poor operations.

This level of "availability" is indefensible for what markets itself as the premium theme park in the UK.

They've had 4 months of the park being closed to make sure everything works and now things are barely being held together just before what should be one of the busiest weekends of the year.

If I had plans to go this weekend I’d be cancelling them.

As of 11:15 nemesid, Rita are both closed and they’ve just ceased ops on smiler cause of a tiny bit of rain

It's called Thirteen because that's the total number of days per year it opens without problems 😆

Annoying because when it's running properly on all three trains it moves the queue at a decent rate, if you can get it before the trims are put on then the coaster section is quite fun, and the drop track and backwards bits are good enough. Shame it seems to be so unreliable. On my visit this year, it was running on one train, they took it down to put a second train on, then it closed for most of the day.

Standing in the queue for Galactica now, honestly the operations make me wanna cry’s.

Very slow dispatches, almost every train going round with multiple empty seats. In the last 15 mins they’ve managed 4 dispatches…it’s painful

Imagine the pricing wasn’t different on peak days but was actually different according to how many rides were open. You pay as you leave depending on this and it would be cheaper where many rides are closed for say more than an hour in the day.

I’m sure they would get the rides open then!