• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Just been on Marauders about 15 mins ago and showed no signs of closing. It's an extension to opening so probably not set right
Marauders is marked as open til 6 but both Heave Ho and Battle Gallons are marked as open til 5 (and so marked as closed now). Odd.

Just noticed that the "closed today" line has gone from Hex on the app, could it return tomorrow? 👀
I think that is likely to be more widely correlated with the removal of the “Estimated queue time” text from the other rides, which the “Closed today” was effectively replacing in Hex’s case. It absolutely could open tomorrow, but it could also be because of that.

I did notice that the ride still doesn’t have opening hours listed, for what it’s worth.

I was on park yesterday and it was by far the best day (operationally) yet this season. I say best day yet this season not because it was the quietest day, but it was the first day where there were probably 10k on park, and the place didn't seem to collapse into a mess.

• Throughputs on rides like Th13teen, Oblivion and Smiler were good. Not the absolute best they can be, but good certainly. I am delighed that baggage stores seem to have returned permanently.
  • The Monorail was actually open when I arrived at 9.20am.
  • RAP operation seemed better. Th13teen's exit host really does help speed the dispatches up. I don't know if it was just chance that there were less RAP on park yesterday or not.
  • For the first time this season, all rollercoasters that are due to open this year were available. Sadly, though, after a 45 minute wait for Spinball, I was evacuated from the queue line just before the station. Spinball has a new PLC system, so no doubt this will need to bed in. It also only had 4 cars available. I am sure this will improve in the coming days/weeks.
  • The closing time of 6pm felt appropriate. I have been on days this season where the park has closed earlier, yet it should have plainly been later due to the queue times. My honest opinion is that no Saturday in the season should be any earlier than a 6pm close and the majority beyond May half term should be 7pm (or 8pm in the peak of summer/Oktoberfest)
  • Galactica remains an issue. The longest queue of the day, by far. We didn't bother.

While it’s great we are able to see live updates from the park, and document breakdowns photographically in some cases, I’ve just deleted a number of off-topic posts related to The Smiler.

Please ensure your posts contribute to discussion!

Operations are much better now I just wish the park hours were longer 4pm close is too short only 6 hours really not even a full shift in most cases be nice to have 6pm min close all year .

Operations are much better now I just wish the park hours were longer 4pm close is too short only 6 hours really not even a full shift in most cases be nice to have 6pm min close all year .
Whenever I've been on a 10-4 day it's been so quiet that I'm bored by 2 as I've done everything. You could have a slow chilled day and still get on everything. Unless if queues are above 30 mins I don't think 5 close is needed

Whenever I've been on a 10-4 day it's been so quiet that I'm bored by 2 as I've done everything. You could have a slow chilled day and still get on everything. Unless if queues are above 30 mins I don't think 5 close is needed
By everything do you just mean the big 6 coasters? I'm likely to also go on Spinball and RMT, Retro Squad + Blade + Flavio's, the Dark rides and the Rapids, which pushes the time much closer towards the abysmal closing time. If operations are pretty much perfect then the impact might be reduced a little, but it's still not good enough for the UKs "premier" theme park.

By everything do you just mean the big 6 coasters? I'm likely to also go on Spinball and RMT, Retro Squad + Blade + Flavio's, the Dark rides and the Rapids, which pushes the time much closer towards the abysmal closing time. If operations are pretty much perfect then the impact might be reduced a little, but it's still not good enough for the UKs "premier" theme park.
I'd like the park to be open longer but I can see why they don't bother is what I'm saying. On the weekdays queues have been 5-25 mins normally and most rides take no more than 15 so I think you could easily get everything you want done

I'd like the park to be open longer but I can see why they don't bother is what I'm saying. On the weekdays queues have been 5-25 mins normally and most rides take no more than 15 so I think you could easily get everything you want done
Insult to injury will be added to my 10-4 if the only thrill rides they can get open straight away are Funk'n'Fly, Twistatron and Wicker Man (see today's example) as that is also wasting time off of people's already short day.

Insult to injury will be added to my 10-4 if the only thrill rides they can get open straight away are Funk'n'Fly, Twistatron and Wicker Man (see today's example) as that is also wasting time off of people's already short day.

It’s been pretty cold overnight, it probably delayed testing.