• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Yeah very weird, I went yesterday and got stuck on the brake run lol. A train in the station had the same issue, and hence 3 trains behind waiting.
Wonder why it took until scarefest last year to get the ride on 4 trains. Maybe it's a certain train that has the problems.
Also in terms of the difference in operations between 3 and 4 trains, am I right in thinking it'll be fairly significant. So depending on if baggage hold is open, on 3 trains you could typically expect maybe 46-49 dispatches per hour and on 4 trains 56-60 dispatches.

Last edited:
Smiler was indeed on 3 trains yesterday. The staff were doing a fantastic job operations wise, but having 3 trains on a saturday they were always fighting a losing battle. The queue was huge. I got on in 25 mins via single rider but the main queue hit 90-100 minutes at some points. It was very reliable yesterday though, think it only went down once for about 20 minutes. So quite possible that it was indeed the 4th train that was causing all the issues on Friday.

Smiler was indeed on 3 trains yesterday. [...] So quite possible that it was indeed the 4th train that was causing all the issues on Friday.
Was the fifth train scrapped after the crash? I keep seeing this kind of post but I'm sure it was built with 5 trains so should be running 4 if one train is out for service.

That’s what happens when you try and run fairground rides at theme park level capacity, they can’t hack it. Still genuinely embarrassing on the parks part that they still have these monstrosities.
To be honest they could theme them up properly to match the area and they'd be fine. Spinjam is a solid ride it's very forceful and would be the best ride at many fairs. If they theme it then I'd be happy to see that one stay

To be honest they could theme them up properly to match the area and they'd be fine. Spinjam is a solid ride it's very forceful and would be the best ride at many fairs. If they theme it then I'd be happy to see that one stay
I agree they could make more effort to theme them. But it wouldn’t change the fact of my point being they are not designed for the level of operation of a theme park.

I agree they could make more effort to theme them. But it wouldn’t change the fact of my point being they are not designed for the level of operation of a theme park.
Aren't vortex and Samurai at Thorpe basically fair rides. I've seen them type of rides at fairs I'm sure

Aren't vortex and Samurai at Thorpe basically fair rides. I've seen them type of rides at fairs I'm sure
Most “permanent” flats are indeed travelling flats really, in theme parks they’re just installed permanently into the ground with added theming. Take Enterprise for example when it was being stripped down. In the pictures you could see the lorry tyres in the pit.