• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Embarrassing start today

No wickerman, galactica, curse, smiler at opening meaning those that are open have crazy queue times

Rides starting to come online as the day goes on but still no Smiler or Oblivion

To put it simply the park can’t cope with the amount of people today with one whole ride area down (X-Sector) and pre existing downtime with Nemesis and Hex.

Embarrassing start today

No wickerman, galactica, curse, smiler at opening meaning those that are open have crazy queue times

Rides starting to come online as the day goes on but still no Smiler or Oblivion

To put it simply the park can’t cope with the amount of people today with one whole ride area down (X-Sector) and pre existing downtime with Nemesis and Hex.
Yet people think Nemesis being back won't make a difference next season, yeah ok :)

It'll just mean that Nemesis has a 2 hour queue along with everything else that's all
If Nemesis had a 2 hour queue, that would mean upwards of 2,600 people waiting in that queue lines. Not having those 2,600 or so people elsewhere in the park is bound to make somewhat of a difference.

There's a reason that Europa-Park can get well over 30,000 guests and queues be totally acceptable. The more attractions with good capacity you have, the more a park can handle crowds.

If Nemesis had a 2 hour queue, that would mean upwards of 2,600 people waiting in that queue lines. Not having those 2,600 or so people elsewhere in the park is bound to make somewhat of a difference.
You're forgetting the park will be busier next year with Nemesis coming back

There's a reason that Europa-Park can get well over 30,000 guests and queues be totally acceptable. The more attractions with good capacity you have, the more a park can handle crowds.
Similar repercussions were felt in the park when The Flume closed so that Wickerman could be built. That was the first time I really noticed the park struggling with capacity and throughput issues.

The period 2016-19 had a lot of capacity issues because of the sheer number of rides closed after the 2015 season (I maintain many of these closures were short-sighted), this was cushioned somewhat by the declining visitor numbers however I think it was worse 2018-19 since guest numbers were on the rise and only Wicker Man added to the park's capacity. It also wasn't helped by the park closing at 4pm on peak days which heavily reduced the number of rides people could go on.

Granted it is Scarefest and Halloween today, but the park really feels like it is bursting at the seems. Monstrous queues all day with the lovely purple temporary fencing extending out of RAP and Fastrack queues.

Didnt want to join the 2.5 hour queue for Wicker Man earlier, so regrettably purchased Fastrack to be stood in a 45 minute FT queue… and counting. Very angry people leaving this queue in droves. Worth noting the main queue currently stands at an advertised 70 minutes.

Currently only stood by Big Bob at this point as I write this, so doesnt seem like we will be getting many night rides in.

a05d07d4561b654d7bf2f2066ca0723c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: