• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

This appears to be a power cut affecting the wider area, its not park specific.

I am not really sure how this falls within the blame of the park.
What’s the excuse for Oblivion being down for a week though?

Let’s hope the storms don’t cause too much chaos tomorrow or we may not have much to go back to for the fireworks.

Eh? What’s that got to do with this power cut?
Just a general observation based upon the title of the thread. The power cut is completely out of the hands of the park but perhaps having one of the major coasters down for unscheduled maintenance isn’t. As well as late opening for some rides, Galactica has been up and down a lot recently too.

Oblivion has been listed as closed all day on that page for a few days now, its not particularly helpful and feels intentionally vaguely worded.

I was not and am not suggesting having headline rides closed for multiple days is acceptable. I was simply suggesting that a power cut to the wider area is not within the park's control.

Not everything has to immediately be the fault of the park. Different issues can be assessed on their own merit.

The rhetoric that all problems are the fault of the park is not helpful or accurate.

Oblivion has been listed as closed all day on that page for a few days now, its not particularly helpful and feels intentionally vaguely worded.

I was not and am not suggesting having headline rides closed for multiple days is acceptable. I was simply suggesting that a power cut to the wider area is not within the park's control.

Not everything has to immediately be the fault of the park. Different issues can be assessed on their own merit.

The rhetoric that all problems are the fault of the park is not helpful or accurate.
Im very far from an expert in this and it is definitely beyond their control in the current circumstances but do people think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that a places that calls themselves “Britain’s greatest escape” have a stronger backup plan for situations like this. However when you look at it most power cuts are relatively short lived so for them to change to a secondary system then revert back to mains quickly might be more of an issue than just waiting for power to be restored. Would be interesting to hear from someone who has more knowledge to expand on this.

Not sure why people think the park should have a giant UPS for the park? Blade has 130kW motors, to run that for an hour (130kWh) is the equivalent of powering around 12 houses for a day (average consumption can be just over 10 kWh per house per day)
Agree completely. I know Towers is regarded as the Uks most premium theme park but the standards that some enthusiasts expect is. They're not Disney let's lower the standards a little

Im very far from an expert in this and it is definitely beyond their control in the current circumstances but do people think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that a places that calls themselves “Britain’s greatest escape” have a stronger backup plan for situations like this. However when you look at it most power cuts are relatively short lived so for them to change to a secondary system then revert back to mains quickly might be more of an issue than just waiting for power to be restored. Would be interesting to hear from someone who has more knowledge to expand on this.

Best case would be a redundant supply in to the park in various locations and multiple enormous back up generators

But that tends to be reserved for critical national infrastructure

IMG_3606.jpeg

Some work taking place on Oblivion’s holding brake. No cars on the track though.
They definitely know how crucial it will be to them in terms of capacity at fireworks and are working to get it open but until we see testing, there is no indication it will open. Hopefully it’s not a repeat of the smiler in 2021! However that was a much more extended closure.

I’m also taking a friend who has never in his life been on a coaster, so would be unfortunate if I can’t see him turn into a ghost at the top of the drop.

I'm dying to know what you do for a living now. Guest Experience Manager at Britannia Hotels? Customer Service at Ryanair? Head of strategic policy for the Conservative party?
What's the relevance🤣 my point simply was that the narrative that towers have "fallen from grace" is just rubbish

Last edited: