• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

And just to cut in with my world tour plans...Drayton, Chessington, Blackpool, all in the same bracket.
I'm not justifying it, but it happens every year, and most people expect it.
And some complain about it every year, when they aren't even there mainly.

Agree with this. Some of you have had your brain washed into thinking this is acceptable just because it’s the start of the season. You shouldn’t stick up for Towers when it comes to stuff like this

Every ride has been open at Paultons since opening excluding a few which were advertised as closed months ago. They schedule maintenance 12 months in advance and have all major attractions ready for Spring. It’s very possible to do.

Every ride has been open at Paultons since opening excluding a few which were advertised as closed months ago. They schedule maintenance 12 months in advance and have all major attractions ready for Spring. It’s very possible to do.

So you are saying Paultons have run their rides with no downtime this week?

So you are saying Paultons have run their rides with no downtime this week?

Couldn’t say as I haven’t been there today (and they’ve only been open at weekends this month). The times I’ve checked everything has been open on the app.

Tbh the only rides I’ve ever seen have unplanned downtime are Cyclonator and Velociraptor which were both open within about 10 minutes.

Couldn’t say as I haven’t been there today (and they’ve only been open at weekends this month). The times I’ve checked everything has been open on the app.

Tbh the only rides I’ve ever seen have unplanned downtime are Cyclonator and Velociraptor which were both open within about 10 minutes.

I suspect their uptime is better than Towers but I also think Paultons gets less scrutiny than the Merlin parks as well.

Been to Poultons three times and all rides were available. Though Towers has more complex rides I'd say Chessington is a fair comparison, and they have not had a good opening day.

Went yesterday and the ride count in the end was:
Smiler x 1
Oblivion x 1
Rita x 1
Nemesis x 3
Wickerman x 1
Galactica x 1
Sub Terra x 1
Curse x 1
Blade x 1 (for the hell of it)
And RMT x 1

So not a bad return but we had a lot of luck chancing queue on closed rides hoping they would re open soon.

Start of the day we got lucky and got instantly on Rita while everyone else in dark forest ran to 13 (which then didn’t open all day)
Then to Smiler which again was only a 15 min wait at this stage.
Oblivion next which was advertised as 70 mins but had just broken down with a car stuck in the break run.
We chanced it and it opened as walk on for us after 15 mins.

At this point Nemesis was at a 20 min queue so got that done twice.
Then sub terra @ 30 mins.

Then queue started to bite a bit, but thankfully curse opened so got that, RMT and Blade done.

At this point Galactica (2:30 ish) was open but closing after every 2 runs.
We chanced the queue and got on in 30 mins - shortly after it did stay open but the queue was 60+ mins.

Another final run on Nemesis just as Wickerman opened (3 ish) and then shops until 3:45 where we joined Wickerman as the final ride with a 80 min wait after closing.

Ops wise:
Nemesis 2 full trains
Galactica 2 trains, one station
Wickerman 2 trains
Rita 1 train
Oblivion 4 trains, one station
Smiler 3 trains.

We wanted another Smiler run but being cattle penned in with school kids for 90 mins was our idea of fresh hell, and single rider not an option as we had my Nephew with us for his birthday and first time over 1.4.

Good to see the park are doing well this year it already feels like a much busier year than 2023. Hopefully towers can get reliability issues with Galactica and Th13teen sorted

Seems alot of rides are having downtime today. Thirteen, galactica, smiler and oblivion all been shut for a while
Oblivion's up and down, same as The Smiler (wind). I don't think the hail storms have helped Th13teen. I haven't seen Galactica running all day, but I could just be unlucky checking the app. Alton Manor's been down for just over an hour and counting too.

Me and my partner were there yesterday (22nd March) and it was pretty disappointing how many of the rides were closed, especially with skyride being down making it trickier to get from one of the side of the park to other. By the time we walked from Oblivion to The Curse that had closed down too.

5 of the big thrill rides being closed (with thirteen never opening and Wicker Man more or less being closed all day) is pretty awful especially if like us you are travelling 4ish hours to get there.

Hopefully there are some more flat rides installed by the next time we get to visit, felt like it was missing some more mid level options between the family rides and the big coasters, the amount of people just sort of sitting around hoping for rides to open was depressing.

Was going tomorrow think ill cancel seems they are having a very poor time with keeping rides open outside of obvious safety concerns for the weather.

I Have been following queue times all week and i think there was 1 day where all coasters were open at the same time for an extended period. they need to get there act together.

Seems alot of rides are having downtime today. Thirteen, galactica, smiler and oblivion all been shut for a while

I’m here and we’ve been on one ride so far. It’s the worst I’ve ever seen the park and don’t get me started on RAP. Think it’s pretty disgusting the park have enticed large crowds with After Dark when so many rides aren’t operational.

WickerMan also been down for several hours so far.