• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Post-Smiler they go by the letter of the manufacturer documentation when it comes to closing rides due to wind speed, as strong wind was deemed a factor in the crash. Thirteen closes in cold weather for the same reason.

Visiting the park has been a lottery ever since

I am here as well. We arrived in the park at around 12:45pm, and I have also been on one ride, although that one ride was Nemesis to be fair! I only waited an hour instead of the advertised 110 minutes, and operations were phenomenal!

I’m currently in a 60 minute advertised queue for Runaway Mine Train, as it seemed like the least worst option. Very little else is open, and what is open is on a 2 hour+ queue. The RMT queue is moving rather slowly; it also appears to be missing the back car, and even assuming a full train, the dispatch interval only led to around 470pph. And as said, that’s before you account for the back car being missing.

As @Dave said, though, I don’t think it can be helped. A lot of the closures are due to a weather delay, and it is pretty windy here today.

We too have been offered a return trip.

I am here as well. We arrived in the park at around 12:45pm, and I have also been on one ride, although that one ride was Nemesis to be fair! I only waited an hour instead of the advertised 110 minutes, and operations were phenomenal!

I’m currently in a 60 minute advertised queue for Runaway Mine Train, as it seemed like the least worst option. Very little else is open, and what is open is on a 2 hour+ queue. The RMT queue is moving rather slowly; it also appears to be missing the back car, and even assuming a full train, the dispatch interval only led to around 470pph. And as said, that’s before you account for the back car being missing.

As @Dave said, though, I don’t think it can be helped. A lot of the closures are due to a weather delay, and it is pretty windy here today.

X-sector is due to the weather, the rest is just likely the maintenance issues.

X-sector is due to the weather, the rest is just likely the maintenance issues.
Oblivion, Smiler and Wicker Man are listed on the app as “weather delay”. Granted, Thirteen, Galactica (and now Nemesis) are just closed for undetermined reasons.

Only Rita, Spinball and RMT remain open, and RMT is the shortest at 70. As someone who’s stood in the RMT queue, it’s moving pretty slowly!

I haven't had the offer come through.

I'm here at the mo and currently the weather there's been is glorious sun, gales, hail, heavy rain and SNOW.

not really any other weather left to have but some of the wind gusts are pretty strong even if it's not sustained wind

It can be helped.

One thing which would help it is making sure that the rides which are done for ‘maintenance’ are actually open. I appreciate it may be minimal in respect of how much of a difference it makes, but personally it would annoy me walking from one closed ride to another passed, for example, the rapids which are down for maintenance.

At 24/7 parks like Disney/universal I can accept it, I can even accept it with Hex because they’ve spent a year or so getting it right and it will hopefully resolve the issue for years, what I really struggle with is when a ride was operating absolutely fine for an entire season and then magically after a 3 month break it’s down for ‘maintenance’. It just wreeks of cost saving exercises, funnily enough tiger rock at Chessington is also down at similar times of th year.

I love alton towers and can’t wait to go on Wednesday but this stuff really needs to get better, it’s pointless having a great ride selection if half of them are closed at any one time which seems to be parr for the course these days.

The rapids currently has a stuck raft mid way down and it looks like they are pumping out the trough

Been down all day and every day since opening hasn’t it? If not I retract my earlier comment but assuming I’m right the point is they could have sorted whatever they’re sorting 2 weeks ago rather than, cynically, the week before Easter.