• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride/Park Accidents

Assuming we can rule out foul play I guess it's likely due to ageing electrical systems, many of these parks on Europe are 30+ years old and it's an expensive job to completely redo a complex ride's electrical systems.

I would imagine if it's a single car with a wiring issue, no reason after an investigation why it can't reopen.

If it was a single car that was not up to standard. Then HSE would of ordered all cars to be throughly checked before reopening.

The local news website is reporting that “a ride collapsed” and I’ve read people saying the same thing on Twitter, but I can’t find any mention yet of what ride it actually was.

Last edited:
Believe this was operated by Bensons and sons, who have had a good saftey record in the past, judging from the photos this appears ton be the jump and smile attraction that have had previous upgrades to prevent sudden drops in the event of failure.

Believe this was operated by Bensons and sons, who have had a good saftey record in the past, judging from the photos this appears ton be the jump and smile attraction that have had previous upgrades to prevent sudden drops in the event of failure.
Never good to hear about an incident. However I wouldn’t call two immediate prohibition notices and an improvement notice in the last five years from the HSE as having a ‘good safety record’.

Would prefer the operator is confirmed before I comment on any individual or business.

Generally though, the safety profile of traveling rides appears to be degrading, whether that is due to an ageing fleet, and/or the huge government cuts to HSE staff and budgets, and/or something else I am not sure.

I agree. I was specifically responding to the claim about the safety record. All I am stating is publically available information on the HSE website about the particular operator quoted in that persons response. As someone who works in H&S I don’t want unchallenged misinformation out there.

Never good to hear about an incident. However I wouldn’t call two immediate prohibition notices and an improvement notice in the last five years from the HSE as having a ‘good safety record’.
Mark benson doesn't usually travel with thomas benson and sons,

The attraction involved is owned by thomas benson I believe, a different part of the family

Latest from the police:

Emergency services responded at around 18.20hrs on Saturday, 8 June, to a fairground ride having failed at the Lambeth Country Show in Brockwell Park.

Four people have been taken to hospital. Following a full assessment by medics, a woman in her 40s remains in hospital with life-threatening injuries. A man in his 40s, is also receiving ongoing treatment for potentially life-changing injuries.

The man in his 50s and the 11-year-old girl have both been discharged from hospital.

Officers have attended the scene today alongside the Health and Safety Executive as enquiries continue to establish the full circumstances.