• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rides you miss/wish you could have ridden?

Speaking of Black Hole, I'd love to see footage of the queueline for wasn't there a robot that interacted with guests briefly before being removed or am I mistaken?

Really? Never I would've thought it had an Animatromic in its queue. But since there's around 1-2 photos of the queue, guess we'll never know unfortunately :(

Last edited:
I wish I could have experienced Nemesis Sub-terra while it was still operational. I hear that it wasn’t the best of rides, but seeing the empty warehouse/building makes me wish I’d had a chance just to try it. The idea of extending the Nemesis theming and storyline is so cool to me, and from what I’ve read towards the end of its life the overall experience of the ride improved somewhat.

I would’ve liked to experience Coaster Corner in all its glory but I think by the time I was old enough to remember things, it had all but been dismantled apart from The Mini Apple, which I have very vague recollections of riding as a small boy. I do seem to remember the striking green track of The Alton Beast though. Wasn’t it repainted red when it was moved to Air’s site and renamed the New Beast?

I wish I could have experienced Nemesis Sub-terra while it was still operational. I hear that it wasn’t the best of rides, but seeing the empty warehouse/building makes me wish I’d had a chance just to try it. The idea of extending the Nemesis theming and storyline is so cool to me, and from what I’ve read towards the end of its life the overall experience of the ride improved somewhat.
The improved version of Sub-Terra was actually one of my favourite rides on park. I just liked the whole backstory and the end section I was a particular fan of.

Speaking of Black Hole, I'd love to see footage of the queue line for wasn't there a robot that interacted with guests briefly before being removed or am I mistaken?

I've heard rumour that it was removed after someone accidentally left the mic on and some quality "behind the scenes banter" was broadcast. That said, we all know how much ride ops like a good "tale from the Towers", so I'm not sure how true that story it. It is probably also worth mentioning that the character was an alien.

It wasn't an animatronic, just a static model with a speaker linked to a mic in (I think) the Op's cabin.
Did its mouth not move? Whenever I've heard people describe it, they always refer to it as talking to people in the queue.

It's not really a ride, but I wish I could have experienced Sub Species.

Definitely Knightmare at Camelot, I'd stopped going when it was installed. I also would have liked to ride Cyclone at Morcombe pleasureland. I did go back in the 90s but it was closed.

Last edited:
I'm surprised there's a lot of people here including mods who are listing as having missed the likes of Black Hole, Toyland and Haunted House. Makes me feel old. They haven't even been gone that long!

As I first visited in 1989 I've done everything at Towers I wanted to apart from one and that's Thunder Looper. I remember it and Thunder Valley very well and remember watching my dad get stuck on it during a breakdown. First time I wanted to ride it I was too short. Once tall enough it was down for the day. Then Nemesis opened and I got caught in a 3 hour queue for it so didn't have time. Broken down again on another visit just before joining the queue. Then the next visit it had been removed. I deeply regret never having experienced it.

Since I have a shocking memory and the park was changing rapidly in the early 90's, I wish I had experienced the likes of Doom and Sons, the park railway and the Alton Mouse more. I remember them but my memory fades a lot as the rapid changes to the park over that period disoriented me as a young 'un at the time.

I do remember Cine 2000 and the other one quite well (was it called Cine 360 or something?). The last one I did was the one that's by where the Katanga Canyons entrance feature is in Merry England or whatever it was at the time. I want to say the other one was in Fantasy World or around that area? Very disorientating, leaning and falling over and coming out feeling sick as a dog. But great fun and would certainly like to do one or the other again.

I do remember Cine 2000 and the other one quite well (was it called Cine 360 or something?). The last one I did was the one that's by where the Katanga Canyons entrance feature is in Merry England or whatever it was at the time. I want to say the other one was in Fantasy World or around that area?

Correct. Cine 2000 was roughly where Enterprise sits in the Springfield Centre/Fantasy World alongside The Pirate Ship (that later became Blade).

Cine 360/3D Cinema lived around the Sharkbait Reef area in Ingestre Centre/Aqualand/Merrie England areas.

I remember Cine 360, it used to be a must do when I was a kid and it was a nice 30 minutes indoors if it was raining. Does anyone remember the really bizarre holding room that you were batched into before going into the cinema? It was like a nightclub - loud music and a load of disco lights. Very random!

Thunderlooper had shocking reliability, I went the Towers year after Nemesis opened and it was closed then. Sadly when I visited again a few years later it was gone.
Interesting that I was not aware that it was knackered towards the end of it's life at the park, not to mention that that was an excellent queue eater that sadly was a ride doomed no matter what.

I always remember JW's quote about Thunder Looper in having all the visual spectacle of an ugly oil refinery...oof.

Weirdly enough, I have wanted to have experience Nickelodeon Outta Control I'm which while I'm aware of how bad it is to some, I have this morbid curiosity of wanting to see what it was like for myself. Anyone on here knew how it went?

Wish I could have ridden:
Dragon Challenge/Dueling Dragons at Universial Studios Orlando
Cop Car Chase/Lethal Weapon Pursuit at Movie Park Germany

Attractions I miss:
Wildwasserbahn 2 at Heide Park

Interesting that I was not aware that it was knackered towards the end of it's life at the park, not to mention that that was an excellent queue eater that sadly was a ride doomed no matter what.

I always remember JW's quote about Thunder Looper in having all the visual spectacle of an ugly oil refinery...oof.

Weirdly enough, I have wanted to have experience Nickelodeon Outta Control I'm which while I'm aware of how bad it is to some, I have this morbid curiosity of wanting to see what it was like for myself. Anyone on here knew how it went?
How or why?

Both are answered on Towers Street: https://towersstreet.com/theme-park/ride/nickelodeon-outta-control/

It's not really a ride, but I wish I could have experienced Sub Species.
There's many scare attractions at Towers I'm sad to have missed, but fortunately I was lucky enough to get to experience Sub Species. Here's to hopefully bringing back intense hands on mazes, or at least just ACTUAL mazes, not just a walkthrough.

I'd always thought Cine 2000 and Cine 360 were the same thing under different names! :sweatsmile:

Sub Terra completely passed me by - I moved away from the local area in 2011, and moved back in 2015. The thing was built, opened and had closed again in those few years that I was no longer a regular visitor.

I’d have also liked to have experienced Ice Age and Nickelodeon while they were open - having been inside both since they closed, I can confirm that ‘SBNO’ is a very generous description 😂