• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rides you miss/wish you could have ridden?

Sub Terra completely passed me by - I moved away from the local area in 2011, and moved back in 2015. The thing was built, opened and had closed again in those few years that I was no longer a regular visitor.

I’d have also liked to have experienced Ice Age and Nickelodeon while they were open - having been inside both since they closed, I can confirm that ‘SBNO’ is a very generous description 😂
BSBNO perhaps? 'Barely standing but not operating'

Would’ve loved to have ridden The Beast and Thunder Looper. I was only 4 when Thunder Looper was removed and I’d like to say I can remember it being there but I’m probably just remembering photos / conversations about it. I was slightly too short for The Beast when it departed.

I would have loved to ride the towers light railway (The loco now residing on the old kiln light railway)

Just a nice peaceful ride from gloomy wood to Katanga canyon
Trains, coasters and beautiful scenery cant think if a better day out

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-06-22-38-22-510_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-06-22-38-22-510_com.android.chrome.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 30
To bring down your dream...
The queue was long and slow.
The ride was short and slow.
There were minor changes over time.
My mum decided another cup of tea and a cake in the Swiss Cottage would have been better, I should have had another long queue for the Corkscrew.
You really didn't miss much, there are probably a hundred better mini railways in this country alone.

Black Hole...second ride I ever went on (RMT my first) and one that left a major impression on me and a love of indoor coasters, Towers needs one for the the pure uniqueness of one. Still regret passing up on a trip to go in 2004 to Towers then though I was fortunate to get a ride on Corky in her final season...also I'd love to ride the original HH as my own memories of it are sadly quite foggy.

Ride I'd wish I'd had ridden would be Thunder Looper, from all the photos and footage I've seen of that beast it certainly was quite something to behold.

Speaking of Black Hole, I'd love to see footage of the queueline for wasn't there a robot that interacted with guests briefly before being removed or am I mistaken?

Apologies for the bump but I believe you are referring to the alien shown in this photograph on eBay.

I doubt there is any footage around. It pre-dates me.

I think if there is one ride I would have loved to experience would have to have been Energizer back in 95' , From the few videos I've seen of what it could do it looked like quite the forceful ride.

I think if there is one ride I would have loved to experience would have to have been Energizer back in 95' , From the few videos I've seen of what it could do it looked like quite the forceful ride.

I bloody loved Energizer. I was too young to ride it when it was in Festival Park but when it relocated to X Sector for the 1998 season, I got to ride it and it quickly became my favourite flat. It then got moved to Ug Land back to its original position but it was run on a tamer cycle.

Apparently they could invert, but towers didn’t want that so never ran it on settings that made the gondola invert!

I must have ridden Energiser as we went every year in that period and i was a teenager but have absolutely no recollection of even seeing it. Probably too busy going on Nemesis repeatedly.

Apparently they could invert, but towers didn’t want that so never ran it on settings that made the gondola invert!
Supernovas aren't supposed to invert.

The story that goes around was that a member of staff managed to get it to do it once during its time in X-Sector, fiddling around with it on manual and without guests, and it was majorly wounded as a result. Whether there's any truth in that I don't know, I have seen reports that it ran only on the very tame cycles towards the end of its time in X-Sector but again, it's just anecdotal.

Supernovas aren't supposed to invert.

The story that goes around was that a member of staff managed to get it to do it once during its time in X-Sector, fiddling around with it on manual and without guests, and it was majorly wounded as a result. Whether there's any truth in that I don't know, I have seen reports that it ran only on the very tame cycles towards the end of its time in X-Sector but again, it's just anecdotal.
Never really felt the same once it left festival park. Was tamer in X Sector and Bone Shaker was a shadow of the previous incarnation but had fantastic theming. Still my favourite flat ride Alton have ever had and I loved Ripsaw.

No chance they were meant to invert though.

I would've liked to have rode Toyland Tours. Apart from the Sonic themed bit which imo became dated quite quickly even for it's time, it looked very joyful and vibrant and just fun. I still miss the Flume. The meandering through the trees and the scary duck in the tunnel made it very memorable